Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do your kids communicate with their friends?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (111-120):
Jenniy
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:24 AM

So far my son loves his, we're waiting on another one bc the second one had some issues with the buttons not working.  My DD can NOT wait to get hers so she and her brother can send each other notes. lol

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I gave the Text Bands to both my boys and they love them. They have played with them non stop since the UPS guy brought them to my house. My oldest knows how to enter the words in but my youngest hasn't quite figured it out so he just types random letters in.

Overall they have fun with them and a few of my oldest sons friends where I work keep asking where to get them from.

Thanks for the oppurtunity Cafemom!

skippette14
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM
My dd and her BFF tried the text bands out. They had fun thinking of different messages to send one another.

My dd is almost 11, she thought they where cool, but a bit " too young" for her. The fun wore off after a couple days. She thinks it would be cool if you could type a longer message, and if there was an easier way to type them.

My DS on the other hand , he is 7, thinks they are the coolest thing in the world. He has played with DD and had endless fun.

We found that doing a " fist bump" transferred the message easiest.

Overall they are fun, DS is still using them, DD is barely using them ( more to entertain her brother).

Great product, all around
meooma
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Maybe its my old age, but I don't get this.  They type in a extremely limited character message and then they have to physically bump their friend to exchange the message?  What am I missing?

daerca574
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM

those are neat!  haha.  My daughter texts and emails.  my son just regular conversation.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM

That is so neat!

Bluetick
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Still want these
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pmcs
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Or, maybe they could TALK!
Charizma77
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Those sound really cool!
ProudMomma4612
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM

i really want this text band badly!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)