Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do your kids communicate with their friends?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
reesesami
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I can't wait to get our text bands in the mail! My daughter and her friends are super excited!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Sounds interesting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Wish I got em!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
Finally home with my family and im loving it. Until i have to get ready to go back to my mom's to take care of her im ENJOYING myself ♥
Yesterday at 12:18 PM
Cool i cant wait to hear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
Finally home with my family and im loving it. Until i have to get ready to go back to my mom's to take care of her im ENJOYING myself ♥
Yesterday at 12:18 PM
Me to lol.

Quoting Bluetick:

Wish I got em!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Me either

Quoting godsgirl26:

Cool i cant wait to hear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM

My name is Donna and I was chosen to be a cafemom influencer for the Hallmark Text bands! We Got our text bands in this morning, I gave them to my daughter and step daughter, and they love them! They used the buttons to input the texts (there are two buttons you can use to actually find characters, and one utton will activate a new slot for a new character)

Then they fist bumped

And they got their messages!

They are having a lot of fun with their text bands right now :).

We tried the hand shaking and high five methods, and those didn't work, but fist bumping works great! My two middle children are a little jealous right now, they want one too. What I really like about these things is that they are pretty easy to use, and they also have a bad laguage filter :) You can customize them a little bit (get new covers to put on them) and we may buy some of them.  The girls are hoping some of their friends get the bands because there are a few games they can play...they are particularly excited about zombie tag,lol. they will be signing the oath as soon as we get my printer working this evening :)

all in all, this is a total win!

MamisAngels
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I received the TextBands yesterday afternoon. My children were excited as they had been anxiously waiting the arrival of these TextBands. My sons are ages 9 & 8, my daughter is 6, so I thought this to be something they would really enjoy.

After dinner I let them open the boxes up. Before I even had a chance to look at the directions they had already figured out how to work them. When turned on, the TextBands greet with a "Hello!" message.

Because it's summer and they aren't in school right now to share with classmates, or in summer camp to share with friends, I let them take turns trying it on each other. Later this week or over the weekend I'll have them try either with their cousins or one of their friends that lives in the neighborhood, depending on who is available at the time.

My middle son helped my daughter learn how to input messages by showing her what buttons to press when changing letters & characters. I liked that it was easy enough for them to understand as well as explain and teach to others.

After they chose what they wanted to text they were ready to exchange messages. They high fived, shook hands, bumped fists and each time the messages transferred successfully. They enjoyed it so much they started making up their own special handshakes and fist-bumping routines.

They made up their own games by coming up with their favorites: animal, color, toy, food, etc and then bumping or whatever to exchange. It was fun to see them try to guess what the other's answer would be before exchanging messages, and then actually seeing them read one another's answer afterwards.

They also did sort of a silly question/answer game where one input a question the other input an answer, neither revealing their message to the other until bumping, etc. So when the question and answer were revealed it most likely didn't match and they'd laugh at the outcome.

The words were clearly displayed although if they were more than 4-6 letters they scrolled by quickly and they simply had to press the replay button to see it again. Since they can input up to 10 letters they get a good amount of message in if they abbreviate or use text codes.
We went over the pledge and explained and encouraged positive expression, using words to build one another up and not bring others down. My oldest sometimes gets a bit negative toward the younger two if they are bothering him, so this may be a helpful tool to get him to use his words in a positive way.

Having three children I made sure I kept them taking turns so they had even time. But I'm sure I'll be getting another so they each have one, and it may be a good gift for my nieces who have birthdays coming up, theyll be 10 & 11. I'm not sure if they'd be as excited as my little ones since they're a little older, but when they all get together they enjoy playing together so it may be good for that. Then they can play the zombie game as shown on the site or even the silly sentences game, those are games they're looking forward to trying. They also liked the variety of designed bands. One of my sons liked the Star Wars, the other liked the blue camouflage and my daughter liked several: pink zebra, Minnie Mouse, pink glitter, etc. It's nice that's there are several options.

Being that my children are elementary school age and don't have cell phones, and won't for a while, I found this a nice alternative for them to exchange short messages in a fun way. It keeps them entertained, and the educator in me likes that it is even a way to get them to practice their spelling...of shorter words at least. ;)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
High Five

Hand Shake

Fist Bump

Check it out!

Text Message Fun

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Oh my gosh, we just got our bands an hour ago and are already having so much fun!!! My son has shared with his sister, me, my brother, our neighbor and we can't wait to show daddy...
These bands are so cute and I know we will have a lot of fun when our friends come over to play:)))
Thank you so much for sending these out. They are super easy to understand and we were playing with in a min. Even my 4 year old understands how they work, a,though her spelling is scary:)
I bet she and I can have some fun learning. Sounds and short words with these once brother heads back to school!
avonleajules1
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

We received the bands yesterday afternoon. The kids even slept with them on. My seven year old has already showed these to the neighbor kids who are quite interested in them. My 4 and 7 year old stayed entertained during a 1-hour wait at the doctors playing with these.

My kids didn't know how to text and are nowhere near ready for cell phones but these are fun. My daughter calls it her secret spy watch and is sharing secret messages with her brother and neighbor. 

They love giving each other five and knuckle bumping to share the message. I can see these bracelets will be favorites here.

Thanks for the opportunity to try them :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)