Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do your kids communicate with their friends?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
arpazia
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM
What a cute concept!
Hi,
My name is Allana, and we recently received two text bands.
My son was very excited to try them out,and didn't care about the color!
As soon as I managed to type in a message and strap it onto a squirming seven year old we tried the hand shake. Nothing:( and the high five.. Nothing:( finally we tried the fist bump... Success:)
Maybe we just did it wrong.
I looked at some of the games online, and they look pretty cool. The zombie one I'm sure will be a hit.
These are a pretty neat thing but thing for an older age group:)
I'll upload pics soon:$

Thank you cafemom:D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxmybaby
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM
I received the text bands yesterday!!
Immediately my 12 yr old daughter and my 11 yr old nephew started playing with them! I read them the instructions and they figured it out pretty quickly. The handshake didn't work, but fist bump and high five did.
Later they looked at the games and started playing tag.
Unfortunately all this was done in about 2 hrs and then the novelty wore off. Both of them are wearing them today, but I haven't seen them use them at all.
I'm tempted to let my 6 yr old niece try one, but she's still learning to spell, and the buttons might be a bit to hard for her.
All in all I think these would work great for 8-10 age group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2girlsYES
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Hi everyone!
We received our Hallmark Textbands & immediatey my 6 yo DD & 8 yo nephew tried them out.
Like others have said they tried handshaking & giving high fives :: neither worked --- so they tried the fist bumps & ahh success :-)
They enjoyed trading 'secret' messages back & forth. We looked at some of the game & will try them out this weekend when DD has her sleepover with acouple of her friends. All in all I think it's a cool concept & neat product.

Thank you CAFEMOM for giving our family this enjoyable & fun product. My DD can't wait to go back to school & show her friends :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM

We received the Text Bands the other day and my daughter (6) and her friend have been eyeing them eagerly since.  Well, they got home from camp today, ripped open the packages, we read the instructions together, and they put them on. Well, only one worked...and even then it was hard to get the characters she wanted. The black one, the one that didn't work, would flash the HELLO across the screen...and then nothing. The black one received the message from the purple one but the black one wouldn't get the blinking line to indicate that a message could be started. We turned it off and back on and tried again still without success.

Both girls took them off and they're now relaxing watching tv.

I don't think these made the impression that I was hoping they would.

Thanks, CM, for the opportunity to try them...this one just wasn't a hit.

dbush0584
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok so I got them in the mail yesterday.  My girls put them on and did not stop playing with them.  We went to the grocery store and they didnt even want a toy for being good.  They were high fiving and fist pumping through the ENTIRE store.  All the way up until they were going to bed.  They woke up and immediately put them back on (I had to take them away last night so they would sleep).  They love them.  They showed them to their friends at daycare today.  I havent gotten them yet so i dont know what happened with that.  Im sure that the daycare is not so happy with me lol.  I wish every kid had these because my girls would LOVE to be able to just randomly high five people and see their secret message.  These are awesome!!

gravercem
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM

We recieved ours last night, I gave one to my 11 yr old son  & the other to my 9yr old daughter.  it took less than five min.'s for them to learn how to use them.  So far they are working great! Kids are having fun with them.  Down side it takes time to put a message in having to scroll through the letters, also it is only good for short messages.  I can see them getting bored with these quick. 

tears30314
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM
We got ours today! I have a friend who has a daughter that's my oldest son's age coming to test them out for the weekend. I will be back with an update as well as maybe pictures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funmommy123
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Will post what my kids think of then when I get them :) My boys have been asking me everyday if they've arrived lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM

We got our bands in the mail. The kids played with them for a few hours and lost interest really quickly. They are really big and started to bother them. Truthfully, this isn't something we would buy or encourage friends to buy.

Lucky2BaMomof2
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:55 PM
School doesn't start until August 9.. But so far my 3 year old daughter recognizes her name, the words dog, cat, yes, no, please, nice, and, and princess...

My 6 year old son reads I love you, thank you, please, prince, book, door, rain, pool, and some others... Only had them for a couple days but they love when I change the message and they can try to read it...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)