Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do your kids communicate with their friends?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (41-50):
MrsImperfect
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:03 PM

We recieved ours. I have two boys ages 11 and 9 so they tried them out between the both of them. I have to say they were diappointing. they were so excitied about them and their friends were envious for sure. It took about an hour to get the hang of it. So for someone age 6 I would find it difficult for them. It takes forever to go thru the entire list. And sometimes it was hard to tell if they got the message or not. It was also hard to read the lettering for them and me also. They played with them for a day and havent touched them since. Good idea. Not exicuted well.

krys1025
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM
We received our bands a couple of days ago and my girls 9 and 12 are having a blast with them. My girls do not own cell phones to text do this is a nice experience for them.

My 12 yo gave it to my other daughters 9 year old friend to text along with my 9yo and there were hours of giggles, fist bumps and high fives.
We went to a bday party and lots of kids commented on how cool they were and they wanted them, so we told them they would be available at Hallmark and to put their name on the waiting list.

Thankyou for the chance to try them, and they are still having fun with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NorCal_3
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:33 PM

sweet!!! my 10 yearold is stoked the text bands just came today!!!

Barronbaby
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Sorry it took so long to get this on here... Its been a crazy busy week here and every time i would type this up my phone would die!4

Anyways... We got out text bands a few days ago.. and let me tell you DD was so excited to try them out. We ripped into the box and quickly read through the instructions. I then took a few min to show DD (she is 6 by the way) how to use the text bands. Since no one was over at the time I got to play with the other one (wooooo). What a fun way to share messages. DD isn't very good with spelling yet so she had a blast putting in random letters and really big "words". Her fav part was to fist bump and read what mommy had to say! LOL

Of course my DS1 (who is almost 3) got rather jealous so we gave him the other one to play with. He was able to easily figure out how to type letters into it and fist bump and trade messages with sissy! They had a blast sharing secret messages all day, mommy was forbidden from looking after ds1 got ahold of one! This is a great toy for kids to play with and i plan to use it not only for my kids to play but to teach some simple words and reading to both of my kids! It makes learning so much more fun.

I would love to add photos but i have stopped sharing photos of my children on all public sites to protect them. Thank you so much Cafemom and Hallmark for this oppertunity! It was a blast and gave my kids something different to do durring this summer! You rock

cjsmom1
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I'm trying to use them and am not smart enough to get it to work :)

cjsmom1
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:32 PM

DS got it and was really excited, he thought they were really cool. I sat down for about 45 minutes and I can't figure out how to get them to work. I followed the instructions but we can't seem to trade messages. We'll be waiting for daddy to get home and help.

rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

These are a major hit!!! 2 bands were not enough once the word got out to their friends. We're being asked where they can be bought and how to get more, lol. The boys loved the idea of fist bumping and high fiving to get their messages to each other. My son does text with his phone but had a blast with these. He said it was better in some ways because he could just walk by his friend and give him the message or pass messages when there was a lot of other kids around. He said he did wish they could put a longer message on the text bands but otherwise, extremely satisified. Both my 10 and 12 year old boys love them.

kiowaqueen
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM

:) We received our Hallmark Text Bands on the 25th....our kids are ten and seven...Gabrielle the ten year old LOVES IT :) she invited her friend Jessica over to test them out with her, her friend did have a little hard time understanding how it works it took her maybe 3 tries to actually get the hang of it. My seven year old didnt like it so much but  he is still learning to read/write so he did get frustrated at times I had to tell him to stay calm and take ur time.. He also loves to just wear it like a watch :) they loved hi-fiving and fist bumping the hand shake never worked for them. They did try the zombie out break game but it wasnt  fun or their words boring I think if it was a group of friends withthe texts bands i think they would have liked it more...I will tell other moms about these text bands just because they are fun and cool even if i know the kid has a cell phone i think kids still would like to play with them. i would say this is for a child that can already read and write well.... Anyway THANX Hallmark and Cafemom so much we LIKE ours !!!!

Nikkij-j
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM

We got ours on Monday.  I let my 9 year old DD have one and I let my 6 yr old DS have the other for a day before my DD got to go to her friends for the week.  Both my kids LOVED them!  They had a hard time putting the bracelets on and I needed to help with that.  Also, they didn't transfer right away either.  Something really cool was they transferred when they hugged which was nice to see them actually getting along!  lol. 

Tuesday, my DD went to her friends house to give the other one to her bff.  They used them all week and had tons of fun with them.  Her friend said she really liked it.  They are very easy to use and the kids picked up in it quickly!  Very cool....   :)

CraftyMom1110
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

We recieved ours a few days ago. I have two kids a 12 yr old boy and a 10 yr old girl. The were so diappointed and was a bit confusing to program or get to work. They had to shake eacothers hands and some times it would not transfer to the other.

But after a little work and reading, they figured it all out. And they Love them. And play with them all day. Thank you so much. This is a great thing you invented. Thank you cafemom and hallmark.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN