Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do your kids communicate with their friends?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms the latest product from Hallmark, Hallmark Text Bands. The way the product works is kids create a message on their text band and then bump fists/high-five with a friend. Voila...the friend gets the message they typed and your child gets their friend's message.

Check out what these moms have to say about the Hallmark Text Bands.  Then,  let us know how your kids communicate with their friends.

For more information on Hallmark Text Bands, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (61-70):
bmw29
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:29 AM
My son has had to wait on my niece to really get to play with them with another child. She won't be here until Wednesday because a relative has been in the hospital. I will say that I hae thought of getting one for myself because they get ds cleaning more. LOL I can type in something like CLNYRROOM and he knows that I want him to clean his room and he will do it so that he can text back when he's done. :) I'll upload pictures when I get them Wednesday.
mommyjenn84
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:33 AM
We got ours last week while I was in the hospital having our newest family member. My daughter is excited to play with the bands and already decided the friend she wants to share with!! can't wait to see what they think.
Justamom96
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:40 AM

We got our text bands in the mail, and my daughter (16) was pretty excited about them. She and I played with them for a little while, and then she decided that the little girl she babysits for (9) would have a ton of fun with them. She gave them to Lyric (the girl she babysits) and they played with them for a while, got bored with them, put them away, then played with them for a while. Now they type messages to each other when they aren't together, and then when Tori (my daughter) watches Lyric, they will exchange messages.  All in all, a good idea, a little difficult to 'type' a message, and could get them in trouble if brought to school, but they are enjoyed by a 9 and 16 year old!!

ShirreeM
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM
My step daughter was soooo excited when the text bands arrived, she couldn't wait to open the box!
Since we just moved, and she hasn't made any friends here yet, she played with her cousin. They had a blast!
It took them a little bit to get the texting down. But as soon as they did, they were pros at it. Her older brothers ( ages 14-10) wanted to play with them but she said no! Cafemom said they were for me :)
Since her older brothers have cell phones, she felt special that she had her own way to text her cousin. They loved the games you can play with them there favorite was the silly sentence game
Since her cousin went home, I have been texting her things and it makes her feel so big. Once she makes friends here she will give the other one to her.
I highly recommend the text bands for children between the ages of 6-8. Very neat idea Hallmark! I believe these will be a hit at Christmas time. I definitely will be telling family and friends how awesome these bands are.
Thank you for the opportunity to try these out. My 8 years old really thanks you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM

We recieved our text bands last week. My boys think they are awesome. I gave one to my DS6 and of course little brother wanted the other text band (he's 3!). I did have to assist DS3 with the use. At first it was a little bit confusing but they soon got the hang of it. The boys even went outside and showed some of the neighbor kids the cool new gadget that they had. The boys loved the fact that they could high five to transfer the messages. We will continue to learn and explore the other things available with the bands.

Thanks Cafemom and Hallmark for allowing me to participate in this activity!

cjsmom1
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM
I had a really hard time figuring out how to use the text bands. Which was tough because on ds saw the box he wanted to play with them immediately.
once we got them working ds had a lot of fun, but grandma had enough of them. My mom was visiting and he wanted to play with them for the first few days all the time. Lets just say there was a lot of high fives given at my house.
I could definitely see ds playing with them with his friends for hours. However, grandma was more fun at the moment. The games would be more fun if there were more kids with more bands. My ds is 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Thanks Cafemom and Hallmark for letting me participate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:10 AM

My DS has em, [thank you Cafe Mom and hallmark] and he shared them with the boy next door, my DS is 8 and the boy next door is 14... They think they are 'cool' and had a good time, they were texting things like 'ltsplybbll' which meant lets play basket ball... or swim? if the kid wanted DS to go over his house to swim... it was really cool...

So simply, they were fun... :-) my ds had a blast with the kid next door, there arent many kids that live right around us so this is why he shared them with a teenager... he normally sits in his house all day or plays with DS... :)

2girlsYES
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM
My DD is still enjoying her textbands with her friends.

Thanks again Hallmark & CAFEMOM!

Quoting 2girlsYES:

Hi everyone!

We received our Hallmark Textbands & immediatey my 6 yo DD & 8 yo nephew tried them out.

Like others have said they tried handshaking & giving high fives :: neither worked --- so they tried the fist bumps & ahh success :-)

They enjoyed trading 'secret' messages back & forth. We looked at some of the game & will try them out this weekend when DD has her sleepover with acouple of her friends. All in all I think it's a cool concept & neat product.

Thank you CAFEMOM for giving our family this enjoyable & fun product. My DD can't wait to go back to school & show her friends :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I would like to thank Hallmark for giving us the opportunity to be a part of this influencer.

The text bands arrived and I had to wait for my DS to get back from his father's home, to play with them.  We went away for the weekend this last weekend and his cousin was going to be there.  They are 9 and 10.  They were able to get the text in the bands without problem, but no matter how many times they tried, they could not get the messages to send to eachother.  They read the directions and read them again.  They were very disappointed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)