Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

do you let your kids play with an annoying friend?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
My dd has a friend who drives me batty. She is loud, says things that I don't like to hear ("I need to drain my lizard", etc), and her parents let her get away with everything.

I find myself more and more often saying she can't spend the night, or come with us on fun day trips. She's just exhausting.

My dd sees her a lot because we live in the same neighborhood. But like I said, I've been limiting their time together.

So..am I a mean mom?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hunterskysmom
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
No your not a mean mom just trying to child the right way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. I may be a mean mom because I would tell her that that sort of language isn't to be used at my house.

Quoting hunterskysmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I do the same thing. My son picks up annoying behavior and some kids I just want him picking stuff up from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famofthree
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I agree our children our young they do not always know what is best. I deffinately monitor who they play with. I find that children can easily pick up bad habits from others and I do my best to prevent that. I realize when they are older I will have no say but I am trying to provide them with a solid kind, respectful group of friends now that will hopefully be there in the years to come.
courtneyann29
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM
She must have known that I wouldn't want her to say it because she whispered it. I have no problem telling them not to talk a certain way, but I'm sure she says it when I'm out of earshot. :/

Quoting Delirium003:

Yep. I may be a mean mom because I would tell her that that sort of language isn't to be used at my house.

Quoting hunterskysmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtneyann29
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM
The girls are 9 and 10. So they are getting a little more freedom than my 7 year old. They spend a lot of their time going back and forth between our houses. I'm not worried too much about my dd picking up her behavior..she hasn't so far, she's just not like that. It's mostly that the girl annoys me so I don't want to be around her. Lol

Quoting Famofthree:

I agree our children our young they do not always know what is best. I deffinately monitor who they play with. I find that children can easily pick up bad habits from others and I do my best to prevent that. I realize when they are older I will have no say but I am trying to provide them with a solid kind, respectful group of friends now that will hopefully be there in the years to come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I was pretty lucky as far as my two grown sons friends, they were all respectful when they were at my house.

I'm hoping it will be the same for my youngest when he starts to make friends.

sweetlyblissful
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't limit time that the kids were together. I would limit the time that kid would be around me...especially if I was the one that couldn't stand the kid. Nothing wrong with it. And doesn't make you a mean mom. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by Terriny on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh boy. I do not think your a mean mom :) that would drive me batty as well. Thankfully my son has not brought one of those home yet!! Knock on wood lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)