Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Happy Middle Children's Day! August 12th!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
  • 3 Replies

family in the van

August 12th is Middle Children's Day!

Do you have a middle child?  Share with us a little about them and what you appreciate about them!  Were you a middle child?  Can you identify with how middle children are described here:

Middle Child

These kids are the most difficult to pin down. They are guaranteed to be opposite of their older sibling, but that difference can manifest in a variety of ways. Middle children often feel like their older brother gets all the glory while their younger sister escapes all discipline. Because the middle child feels that the world pays him less attention, he tends to be secretive; he does not openly share his thoughts or feelings.

Middle children may not feel they have a special place in the family so friends and peer groups become much more important. They can usually read people well, they are peacemakers who see all sides of a situation, they are independent and inventive. If a firstborn is a company's CEO, the middle child is the entrepreneur.

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
angie2568
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Yes he is 8. He is my sensitive child. He doesnt get left out. He is loved by all. My oldest 14 yr-d & 4 yr-s both play with him.

They are all disciplined the same (time out from 2 yrs-10 then the take all out of room for 24 full hours if they act appropriate rest of night and until time is up they get things back), they all are included in all things.

sweetlyblissful
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I'm the middle child! :)
I'm not like the description at all. And my middle child is very much like me. We both look up to our older sibling, and want to be just like them but learn from their mistakes. We make sure we are heard by family but very shy outside of the home. We are responsible. And we are both daddy's girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I have a middle child who fits that description well

I am a middle child and fit that description well :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN