Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Little boy Finds Missing Lego Piece In His Nose

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:01 AM
  • 32 Replies
Huffington Post | August 6, 2012 21:35:00
Isaak Lasson can finally breathe easy after three years of sinus problems.

The cause? A single wheel-shaped Lego piece that he got stuck up his nose back when he was 3.

At least that's what his dad, Craig Lasson, said he thinks. His son started having a hard time breathing back then.

"I felt so bad," the father told KSL-TV. Isaak "was sleeping with his mouth open, trying to breathe."

Numerous doctors looked at isaak's nose and prescribed antibiotics.

But last week, a new doctor noticed that Isaak seemed to have something foreign stuck up his schnozz and asked what it might be.

"I put some spaghetti up there, but that was a long time ago," Isaak told the doctor, according to KTLA-TV.

But it wasn't pasta that was up Isaak's nose, just a ball of fungus encasing a Lego wheel.

"We think he bent it in half -- it's pretty flexible -- and that it opened up once it got into his sinuses," Isaak's father told reporters.

Although Craig Lasson momentarily worried he was a bad parent for needing three years to figure out the Lego problem plaguing his son's sinuses, he said he is happy that Isaak is eating and sleeping better than he has in years.

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blackberry/p.html?id=1749649)

What have your kids ever stuck up their noses? Did it require medical help to get it out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delirium003
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:02 AM
The only things my boys have stuck in their noses, thus far, are their fingers. *knock on wood*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:09 AM

i'm not a member of the group, but i saw this post, and had to comment.

we went in to get my dd up from her crib a few months ago (she just turned two), and she'd torn up her foam mattress. she had eaten several pieces of it, and had severe constipation for about a week. a bought of colds had gone through the house, and she was taking a really long time to get over her sniffles. i finally bought a nose bulb and went at it. i noticed a nice big booger and tried to get it, but it only bled and made her scream. i felt so bad!

a day or two later it finally dawned on me. so i waited for dh to come home from work, and he held her arms, and i went at it with a pair of tweezers. out came this huge piece of foam! she'd been running around with half her bed up her nose for like two months! talk about parenting fail! i was worried about her being sick, but she never once ran a fever, and she was no longer sniffling or anything. there was a little bit of blood, but that cleared up, too.

who sticks foam up their nose?? oi vey. lol

kiowaqueen
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Lol wow well I did once say my kids haven't done that one "yet" but, my two year old daughter stuffed cotton in her nose :/ GROSSSSS ! LoL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Oh my goodness!! She must have felt so much better!

Quoting AngryBob:

we went in to get my dd up from her crib a few months ago (she just turned two), and she'd torn up her foam mattress. she had eaten several pieces of it, and had severe constipation for about a week. a bought of colds had gone through the house, and she was taking a really long time to get over her sniffles. i finally bought a nose bulb and went at it. i noticed a nice big booger and tried to get it, but it only bled and made her scream. i felt so bad!

a day or two later it finally dawned on me. so i waited for dh to come home from work, and he held her arms, and i went at it with a pair of tweezers. out came this huge piece of foam! she'd been running around with half her bed up her nose for like two months! talk about parenting fail! i was worried about her being sick, but she never once ran a fever, and she was no longer sniffling or anything. there was a little bit of blood, but that cleared up, too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Yeah, I have three boys. Im amazed that nothing but their fingers have ventured in their noses

Quoting kiowaqueen:

Lol wow well I did once say my kids haven't done that one "yet" but, my two year old daughter stuffed cotton in her nose :/ GROSSSSS ! LoL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM
I think so. She's always been a really happy child, but there's something about being able to breathe freely that makes life that much better lol.

Quoting Delirium003:

Oh my goodness!! She must have felt so much better!

Quoting AngryBob:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Crazy!

My middle son once stuck a small foam ball up his nose.  He sneezed it out while at the doctors office.

Lately he's been making this dry snorting sound, he does it all day.  I'm wondering if maybe he's stuck something else up his nose but according to Dh, his older brother use to make the same sound :-/

LuvingRN
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Thankfully no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM
My dd stuck a few raisins up her nose when she was around 2. Luckily I was able to perform a raisinectomy without any medical help! lol
black.eyeliner
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM
BEADS ! 23 BEADS !

I got the call when my mom was baby sitting. My dad was already there. I met them at the ER. She kept sneezing beads. She was three.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN