Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

School's in Session!

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi all,

It’s that time of year! Little ones β€” and not so little ones β€” are heading back to the classroom. This is also the time of year when parents are hurriedly crossing items off of school supply lists.

Pencils, pens and calculators are all very important, but what steps do you take to make sure your kids are emotionally prepared to go to school? What concerns have your kids shared with you as the school year begins, and what are you doing to ease these worries?

teacher

by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie2568
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM

None. They just dont want to go.

I have told them from preschool - present how important education is. My daughter doesnt like to be "in front" of any crowd 9 grade, middle child he is a "clown" 3 grade, youngest (4) he wants to REALLY go to PreK this year and wants it to start now instead of in 2 wks.

I tell my kids I love you, if you are struggling let me know and i will discuss with your teachers. Just try your best, strive for As, do not just do enough to get by. Do not put your hands on anyone, do not use any negativity of any kind to anyone (this was in more depth w/them). Be nice to everyone even if they are not your friend away from school. Mind your manners.

terri76
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM
My son is sooo ready to go back to school :) he is excited about his classes and seeing his friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM
My dd is starting kindergarten this year and she's very excited to go. She doesn't have any concerns.
mallowcup17
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:15 AM

none yet. we'll be able to talk more indepth about it this weekend and address any issues. they both seem really eager to go

hunterskysmom
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM
My dd isn't old enough for school but started daycare for the first time today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM

We talk alot about school and we will be walking around the school next week so she can learn her way around. She's excited to go.

ceciliam
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM

No worries:)

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM

i'm not sure what to do over the course of this school year to get my son to want to go to school. i've considered homeschooling just because of how much he doesn't want to go.

Madelaine
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Well, mine are happy to go back!

fatcat0908
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM
The beginning of cheer season gets them ready. They see all their friends that they may have lost contact with over the break. They can all chat and discuss what teachers they got. If I didn't have that, I would probably put together a large play date at a park or something to get the kids ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)