Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

As an adult do you still....

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
As an adult do you still have nightmares...not just odd dreams...i mean cold sweat, freaking out nightmares...if you still have them how do you handle them...

It's 5am and i woke up in a cold sweat...in my dream someone had taken my kids and killed my dh...i was freaking out...the weird part is i knew i was dreaming but i couldn't wake up...when i did finally wake up i jumped up and searched out my kids so i knew they were okay then went back and curled up next to dh...now i can't sleep so i am here playing on cafemom...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilyBeansMom
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I go through stretches where I have them a lot. Deep breathing, positive self-talk, and prayer are the best I can do for them. And it helps to have someplace like this to go to unload!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie1470
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I have these weird dreams all the time. My son went to fl to stay with his grandparents over summer. While he was gone I dreamed he went to a park in a town close to my parents and got kidnapped. I called my mom when I got up BC I was freaking out. Come to find out my sister was taking him with her family out to ear that night and they were going to clermont. I was about to drive 300 mi to get my son. That might sound crazy but I don't play around when it comes to anything involving my son. She went to another town to make me feel better and called me every hr lol. He didn't get kidnapped thank God
sweetlyblissful
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM
I get crazy dreams, but nothing like a nightmare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boobear74
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Sometimes I do get get nightmares. I wake up and take a deep breath and pray for the demons to leave me alone.

terri76
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I have some weird dreams sometimes but not nightmares..hope you do not have another one anytime soon!!

SabrinaLC
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I occasionally have awful dreams.

I usually wake up unable to fall back to sleep for awhile.

cafay
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I have really vivvid dreams that have bad stuff in them,but thank goodness not the kind where I wake up sweating. Must have been really scary for you. I'm sorry your day started out that way. Hope your day goes better!

LuvingRN
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:22 PM
I'll have an occasional weird dream but no nightmares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meltopia529
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I never remember my dreams

hunterskysmom
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM
This

Quoting sweetlyblissful:

I get crazy dreams, but nothing like a nightmare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)