Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Grandparent's Day

Cafe AmyB
Today at 11:09 AM
Giveaway: "August is Family Fun Month!" Win a $25 Gift Card! - CafeMom

Let's Play....How many words can you make out of the words:August is Family Fun MonthPlease reply with one word at a tim

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM
  • 28 Replies

Few bonds are stronger than the one shared between grandparents and grandchildren. As we prepare for Grandparent’s Day (September 9), talk about some of your favorite memories of your grandparents. What lessons have you learned from your grandparents?

grandmagrandpa

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I learned about money and paying bills from my grandparents.

Bmat
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM

My paternal grandfather kept a huge garden that never had a weed. He was musical and played several instruments in a band.  He liked to watch a ball game on TV and listen to another on the radio.  My paternal grandma worked all day putting up the veggies and fruits that Grandpa grew, then she read her Bible and then sat on the swing on the porch and rocked. My maternal grandmother liked to have the children try different foods, and she gave me a bag to put the mail in and sent me to walk to the post office to collect the mail.  My maternal grandfather told us that if we rubbed his head that his hair would grow back. He worked in a factory, and when he got home we would rub his scalp trying to get his hair to grow, but it never did. Grandpa also took the children to movies on holidays so that the adults had time without children around.

sukainah
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

My grandparents taught me about having good old fashion fun!  We had such great times.  They grew up very poor so they taught us how to have fun without having to go somewhere or buy something.  I miss them

KaylaMillar
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM
I've learned hard work from my grandparents
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Paying bills and how to manage money and how to bake just to name a few!

mamivon2
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM

My paternal grandparents were laid back.. my grandfather had a small work shop in the basement where him and I spend many ours working with wood, panting and other stuff.. we would go for walks, playground and so on.. my grandmother would do riddles with me, watch tv and make french toast..

My maternal grandparents. I saw them maybe 5 times and it felt like a business meeting..

mallowcup17
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM

about being kind and bieng a good person

natesmom1228
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I learned how to cook from my grandparents. They were awesome Italian cooks.

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM

my grandparents have been a great example of how to have a long and loving marriage.

Bluetick
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I learned how to cook and respect elders open doors for ppl extreme structure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)