Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Would you take this action?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

I was reading this article about a child who got plastic surgery because she was bullied a certain charity contacted her mother and she consented..bullying is a serious issue but is this even a kind of solution what type of message does this send?

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.everydayfamily.com/blog/is-your-child-bullied-the-solution-is-plastic-surgery/?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=articles

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madelaine
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Hmmm...my initial thought is no but I the more I think about it the more I am not sure....

barking
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I personally think that giving plastic surgery to that bullied child was a horrifically inappropriate way in which their parents choose to react to the bullying their child was receiving at school.  I believe alot of the bullying issues are first learned by the parents of a bully at home.  Maybe bullying would be less of a problem if all parents were they themselves more open, friendly & accepting.  My conceptual therory is that if all parents where more accepting themselves of all the numerous different groups of other children in their child's school group maybe then their children would also be more open & accepting of all the several differant types of kids they are bound to meet throughout their school years!

SabrinaLC
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM

That's really hard.

I do not agree with surgeries unless absolutely necessary so I don't know that I would agree with it.

Meltopia529
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM

No, I would not allow it.

Wish2Be
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:19 PM

There is no way I would allow that. :(

Charizma77
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM
I don't knw. I want to say no but unless I've never been in that situation so I'm undecided.
meglennox
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:32 PM

i read it. i don't really agree to a point.  if it was my daughter, i would have agreed to the ear pinning. but that's it. i don't know if her nose really needed fixing or not, but the chin was too much.

lisahappymom
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

The money would have been better spend on an anti-bullying campaign in the school/community.

mrswillie
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Possibly. Bullying can lead to suicide. It is coming too familiar.

Bmat
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

The link didn't take me anywhere. If the child had a serious deformity that for example affected her vision, etc, then I'd probably consider surgery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN