Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

What should a parent of an 18 year old teenage girl do to get her to return home after she has literaly moved in with her teenage boyfriend?

Posted by   + Show Post

How does the single parent of an 18 year old teenage girl get her vulnerable daughter to return home after this young girl has moved in with her teenage boyfriend?

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Replies (21-25):
Kainalu55
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:14 AM

It may not be possible, especially since she's already 18.  I would probably just let it go.  

Kainalu55
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:16 AM

I graduated when I was 17 and moved out of my parents house, so at 18, I honestly think she's more than ready to live with a boyfriend.  Is it a bad environment?  

bellawomen
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Your best bet it to do nothing. Instead, support her decision. Its her decision to make even if you don't like it. Sadly as parents we're don't get the right to like everything our kids do. You sound very controlling. For once, let go of the control. Realize she is not yours to control. She is her own human being and adult. Treat her like one, even if she doesn't always act like one. If its truely a mistake and she sees you have respected and loved her enough to support her even if you didn't like what she was doing, you will be the person she turns to when she needs a cushion to fall on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM

You have to let her make her own mistakes.

kellynh
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:24 AM
You can't... She is going to have to learn on her own. If you push her, she will never come back. If you tell her, " we'll, this doesn't make me happy, but I understand you want to try this. Just know that if YOU decide it isn't working, you can always come back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN