Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

What did you think you'd be doing at this age?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

Talk about your life today and how it compares to how you thought things would be when you were 10 years old.

bouncing mom   doctor    briefcase

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Oh gosh. I had a whole different life planned out back then lol. I wanted to be a veterinarian and be married with no kids lol. None of which describe my current life.

saraface5383
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Geez, well being a rockstar didnt pan out... But being awesome did. So im good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by Terriny on Sep. 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM
I was going to be married and a stay at home mom......did not happen....i am a single working mom..but would not change most of it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

When I was 10 years old, I had lots of dreams, but my mom got sick and I ended up taking over some of her duties like cooking dinner for my mom, dad and brothers over the years until I graduated high school. Then I went off to college and only came home for holidays and ended up getting married and having children. So I ended up being a sahm for the most part.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM
As a child I wanted to be a nurse and have 4 kids. I'm actually a SAHM with one dd =)
Bluetick
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:38 AM
I never thought id have kids.... I have 3 ! I didn't become a vet but I do own my own business transporting animals '
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Lol me too

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Oh gosh. I had a whole different life planned out back then lol. I wanted to be a veterinarian and be married with no kids lol. None of which describe my current life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Lol a rockstar I bet you would have been a great 1

Quoting saraface5383:

Geez, well being a rockstar didnt pan out... But being awesome did. So im good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pnut1027
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I was going to be married, live in a huge house, be a nurse have 4 kids. Reality I am married with 2 DDs & am a SAHM, never went to nursing school & living in a house we are constantly remodeling because it was what we could afford at the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:19 AM

way back in 1982 I was in middle school  and wanted to be a medical secretary , I went onto school for it ,   I knew I wanted married with a family which happened when I was 19 married, 27 had DD 28 DH wished I would be a SAHM to DD then  my whole life took a tragic turn  when my husband passed away. I am still a SAHM which is my deceased husbands wishes  with one DD. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)