Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Have you had any funny surprises happen when eating out with your family? What made this a moment you’ll never forget?

peeking

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM

We don't go out to much.

sukainah
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We don't go out much, so we really haven't had anything happen.  I'm not a fan of eating out with the kids as they can't hold still.

sukainah
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Oh gosh, what was up with that guy!?!!!

Quoting Rushn311:

Unexpected fevers. We were at Chili's and my daughter spiked a high fever...we ate quick and went home and gave her medicine.

While we were on vacation in Wisconsin Dells, I was pushed rudely, hubby said something, the guy's brother then wouldn't stop making mean faces all evening....hubby and him almost got into a fight. It was unpleasant for awhile...and low and behold, after waiting 60 minutes for a table, we were seated right by the guy who pushed me and his brother. Seriously? LOL

sukainah
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM

That had to be a relief that the other customer thought it was funny lol

Quoting natesmom1228:

When my son was a toddler we went to Dairy Queen. While Nathan was eating he flipped his ice cream with the spoon and it landed in another customers lap. I was mortified, but the other customer throught it was pretty funny.

Delirium003
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Hmmmm....

My middle son cried when the employees came out clapping and singing to him for his birthday.  Even when they put the sundae in front of him, he was still scared.  He was 2 at the time.

luvhubandbabys
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM

My girls 2 and 3 started singing abcs and twinkle twinkle really loud. LOL.

Rushn311
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I don't know. He was mean mugging hubby the whole time we were waiting. It was uncomfortable. What happened was the guy was playing a video game, I walked behind him to pass thru, he elbowed me in my breast, I said "ouch"! I don't remember if he apologized half a$$ed or not. Hubby said something, and apparently the brother didn't like it. My hubby wasn't even that mean with his comment. So the guy's brother, just made us uncomfortable that whole evening...when we sat down at our table finally, I was still so nervous, I spilled my whole drink on my lap. :( LOL Bad evening and the wait for the restaurant wasn't even worth it. LOL

Quoting sukainah:

Quoting Rushn311:

Unexpected fevers. We were at Chili's and my daughter spiked a high fever...we ate quick and went home and gave her medicine.

While we were on vacation in Wisconsin Dells, I was pushed rudely, hubby said something, the guy's brother then wouldn't stop making mean faces all evening....hubby and him almost got into a fight. It was unpleasant for awhile...and low and behold, after waiting 60 minutes for a table, we were seated right by the guy who pushed me and his brother. Seriously? LOL

Bwebb
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM

We were at a habatchi restuarant once, where yousit at tables with other families.  My son was not quite 3 years old. He was refusing to eat, but I kept trying to get him to have "just one more bite" He finally took a peice of meat and ate it.  Two seconds after he swallowed it, he threw up all over me!!! It was projectile and plentiful!! EWWW! I felt awful for the other families at our table!

I will never forget it!! Or the disgusting ride home in that shirt!!

And I have never forced him to take "just one more bite" again!!!

sukainah
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM

That would be very uncomfortable

Quoting Rushn311:

I don't know. He was mean mugging hubby the whole time we were waiting. It was uncomfortable. What happened was the guy was playing a video game, I walked behind him to pass thru, he elbowed me in my breast, I said "ouch"! I don't remember if he apologized half a$$ed or not. Hubby said something, and apparently the brother didn't like it. My hubby wasn't even that mean with his comment. So the guy's brother, just made us uncomfortable that whole evening...when we sat down at our table finally, I was still so nervous, I spilled my whole drink on my lap. :( LOL Bad evening and the wait for the restaurant wasn't even worth it. LOL

Quoting sukainah:

Quoting Rushn311:

Meltopia529
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Nothing I can think of
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)