Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Sleep Apnea...Do you have it?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:47 PM
  • 17 Replies

Do you deal with sleep apnea or know someone who does?

I was just diagnosed with it on tuesday. I have to go back to the sleep lap this friday night and I am not thrilled about it. I'm not even sure what they are going to do this visit. I got stuck with a neurologists who is in to big of a hurry to sit and talk with a patient. :/

Can you tell me what I have to look foward to? I know I will have to sleep with one of those machines but I am not really sure I will be able to handle that.

My nerves are totally shot at this point. HELP! Can someone please ease my mind?!

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meltopia529
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Bump. No clue. Have u tried to google it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hunterskysmom
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM
I have no clue so here is another bump good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:12 AM
:( i do not have or know anyone who has it...good luck hun!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:31 AM

Yeah Ive googled till my eyes hurt but its all impersonal. 

Quoting Meltopia529:

Bump. No clue. Have u tried to google it?

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Thank you.

Quoting hunterskysmom:

I have no clue so here is another bump good luck

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Thanks.

Quoting terri76:

:( i do not have or know anyone who has it...good luck hun!!!

apoynter
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM

My husband was diagnosed/treated for sleep apnea.  As the one lying next to him in bed, let me tell you it's not easy to witness.  He also went back to the sleep clinic to be fitted with a CPAP machine.  Yes, it's like laying down in bed next to Darth Vader, but let me assure you......he said after sleeping with (took a few days to get used to) the machine his Mood has improved, and he said he sees colors brighter/better and food tastes better. He's sleeping MUCH better, wakes up refreshed, is healthier too.  After 4 years, he doesn't leave home without it. 

It took me a few weeks to get used to sleeping in such  a quiet bed, with the snoring gone.

Good luck!! Stick with it, 'cause it IS a serious issue....but it's certainly CURABLE.

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Thank you!!! I'm glad to hear that maybe this will be a fix to my health problems. 

Quoting apoynter:

My husband was diagnosed/treated for sleep apnea.  As the one lying next to him in bed, let me tell you it's not easy to witness.  He also went back to the sleep clinic to be fitted with a CPAP machine.  Yes, it's like laying down in bed next to Darth Vader, but let me assure you......he said after sleeping with (took a few days to get used to) the machine his Mood has improved, and he said he sees colors brighter/better and food tastes better. He's sleeping MUCH better, wakes up refreshed, is healthier too.  After 4 years, he doesn't leave home without it. 

It took me a few weeks to get used to sleeping in such  a quiet bed, with the snoring gone.

Good luck!! Stick with it, 'cause it IS a serious issue....but it's certainly CURABLE.

SabrinaLC
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM

sorry :-(

my dad and brother have it but I don't know much about it

paknari
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM
My husband had it. Pretty bad too. He did a sleep study and was waking up 120 times per hour. The set him up with a c-pap machine which is a mask that you have to sleep with. It took a few weeks for him to get used to it but now he will never get rid of it. No more falling asleep at random times and no more lack of energy. He's like a different person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN