Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Boys and behavior

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:25 AM
  • 9 Replies
hey my name is selene iam 22 single mother of 2 boys one is 6 the other 4 and one on the way trying to discipline my oldest is the hardest any advise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
apoynter
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:07 AM
2 moms liked this

At 4 and 6 they are plenty ready.....when dealing with my two, I would: a) tell the boys what that you NEED them to behave appropriately. b)let them know what that means, then if they slip, give a warning and tell them about the consequence, then c) FOLLOW THROUGH....then when the real whining starts for being a mean mom (first you congratulate yourself-mean moms rock!)   remind the boys that it was THEIR decision to misbehave/break the rules that EARNED them the consequence.  (oh, and don't make the consequence so severe that YOUR life gets turned upside down.)

Good luck!  Raising respectful, well-behaved kids is not easy.....but it is rewarding when another parent says, "Your kid is welcome at my house ANYTIME"     girl giving flower

Dmommy90
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Thanks and yes I will need it raising boys iant easy but I will have the talk they understand very well :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hunterskysmom
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM
I have no advice my son was good never gave me any problems til now and he is about to turn 10 now my daughter on the other hand has been a handful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meltopia529
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM
My son is two and listens pretty well. We do time outs for bad behavior. He knows what is expected of him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM

This sounds good!

Quoting apoynter:

At 4 and 6 they are plenty ready.....when dealing with my two, I would: a) tell the boys what that you NEED them to behave appropriately. b)let them know what that means, then if they slip, give a warning and tell them about the consequence, then c) FOLLOW THROUGH....then when the real whining starts for being a mean mom (first you congratulate yourself-mean moms rock!)   remind the boys that it was THEIR decision to misbehave/break the rules that EARNED them the consequence.  (oh, and don't make the consequence so severe that YOUR life gets turned upside down.)

Good luck!  Raising respectful, well-behaved kids is not easy.....but it is rewarding when another parent says, "Your kid is welcome at my house ANYTIME"     girl giving flower

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

Delirium003
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I have three boys, ages 8, 4, and 11 months. I've found that if I give them things to do when they are too rowdy or not behaving in general, it seems to turn their moods around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ochoa.mama
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:34 AM

at that age I had them hold a coin with there nose to the wall....its really embarassing to them in public, but it works, I don't spank my kids and this helped me

Dmommy90
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBa1123
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I like what the bible taught us about treating other people the way you want to be treated.   I used this over and over again with my boys.   When I hear one of them crying which is usually the younger one (5) and the older one looks like not again (7), I take them to the side and have them tell me what is going on, each one telling their own story.   Sometimes it works great other times more conversation and imput is needed. In the end, they are truly good boys that want to please.   Kindness always works, yelling never does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)