Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its not just my pre teen ...... whats wrong with them??

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 24 Replies

ok my dd is 12 and we have raised her  to respect each person and be decent to all people.... heres the deal short and sweet..... She is NOT happy ! she has everything under the sun ! a Wii, a nintendo ds xl, a Iphone 4S, so many name brands in her closet most ppl in this area have never even heard of them! She always has around 50 to 80 dollars in cash at ALL times. She has pocketbooks and shoes to fill a rockstars closet, she has her own pets, and we strive to aleays give her the upper hand in sporting events and even use our business to sponsor most of her championships so the girls get a little pick me up.  Heres the thing she has no REAL friends!!! they are all super mean to each other and none of them get along more than a day or 2.  DD doesnt relize how good she has got it.  She is always ill and frustrated w me and dh. She fusses at us or whines, or cries like a 2 year old. (over minor things) like for example..... dh told her to pick her coat up out of the floor..... she didnt....... dh told her agian 45 mins later......she "forgot"......... dh took her Iphone for the night......she went into MELTDOWN!!! crying and bawling having a fit she was hysterical ! then she just sobbs and its my fault and dhs fault?? I dont know what to do anymore we like giving dd nice things and she takes somewhat good care of them but how do you get her to actully listen to you and not have a MELTDOWN?????

Why are kids so mean & ill in todays world?? I only wished i had half the things todays kids have....

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluetick
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM

surrender

Im at wits end !!

Bluetick
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:04 AM

ALSO dd is a honor student and has already been awarded over 10,000 dollars in college $$$ through science projects and extra ciricular activities

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I thinking I am missing something here...What does having all of the latest greatest have to do with her maintaining a friendship?

Bluetick
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Sorry i was unclear..... my point is why are so many pre teens/teens/ children in general so unhappy with life and each other

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I thinking I am missing something here...What does having all of the latest greatest have to do with her maintaining a friendship?

Bluetick
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

DD come home ill again today from GIRL DRAMA yuck!!

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Oh...I honestly dont see that in the kids around me. 

Quoting Bluetick:

Sorry i was unclear..... my point is why are so many pre teens/teens/ children in general so unhappy with life and each other

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

SabrinaLC
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Kids are spoiled brats these days.

sweetlyblissful
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Sounds like hormones!!  Teen girls are always like that!  They are jealous, self-conscious, and dislike anything that is different. 

If your DD doesn't have any real friends that can be a huge part of her unhappiness.  You can have everything in the whole world...but if you lack companionship...you will still feel empty.  I hope she can find a friend that will like her for who she is and that can give her "real" friendship.  She might just have to change her current "friends". 

sweetlyblissful
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM

And good luck!!  I'm starting to deal with pre-teen problems too. :/

isabellah
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like she needs a job and some responsibility to learn to grow her own internal worth.  I was fortunate to realize early on that buying stuff for my kids was not a good idea that it was more to assuage my guilt than for the boys themselves.  Stuff doesn't matter.  Hugs, listening, spending time and respecting them matters

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)