Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you and your family transition from the summer mentality in preparation for all that fall will bring? What were the most memorable moments you shared with family and friends during the summer?

falling_leaves

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
sukainah
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

We have a lot of leaves in our yard so we always rake and the kids play in the leaves.  We also get some pumpkins, either at the farmer's market or the pumpkin patch.

Our summer memorable moments...hmmm, well I think we spent a lot of time at the Children's Museum and the kids loved it a lot.  Also the kids loved playing in the wading pool we had and swimming lessons for Mehdi.  It was a good summer

Rushn311
by Cindy on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM

We just do. I already have their jackets all clean and fall/winter clothes in their closets. I think my son is having the hardest time adjusting because he loves wearing sleeveless shirts and shorts and flipflops. LOL He'll get it. ;)

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I have been ready for fall since the summer LOL. I hate the hot weather, I am right in my element right now. this summer we went to the beach twice, once it was a wash out, the 2nd time was much nicer, we had a ball .

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah my boys still think they can walk outside in the morning with out a coat, um its chilly silly LOL.

Quoting Rushn311:

We just do. I already have their jackets all clean and fall/winter clothes in their closets. I think my son is having the hardest time adjusting because he loves wearing sleeveless shirts and shorts and flipflops. LOL He'll get it. ;)

slw123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I am waiting for some cooler temperatures, that's for sure.

natesmom1228
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Quoting slw123:

I am waiting for some cooler temperatures, that's for sure.

Same here. Today is comfortable.

Bob192
by Crystal on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM

We take the kids outside more often.  Lots of family days at the park.  We did lots of fun stuff in the summer too, things we couldn't do when the kids were in school.

MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM

We put up fall decor. Any time that I spend with friends and family is special! 

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I love Fall and the colors!  We go pick pumpkins and enjoy the cooler weather.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM
This summer we went to Dinosaur World and the water park and even the botanical gardens!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)