Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The joys of being a first time mom

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,
Being a first time mom can be overwhelming and extremely joyous all at the same time.
What were some of your favorite things about becoming a first time mom?

baby in sling

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
arthistmom
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Mother's Day became profoundly meaningful. Seeing the world through my son's eyes. And feeling young--and old--at the same time.

Rushn311
by Cindy on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM

When they held my hand. LOVED that. hearing them coo was just adorable. Seeing them both smile for the first time. Watching all those firsts.

terri76
by Terriny on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I loved just watching my ds sleep..they are so sweet and peaceful!!! I love that baby smell...i love watching him explore and learn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Watching my kids sleep. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:41 AM

I hate to admit this... I really am not a fan of the newborn phase. I was home alone all the time with a colicky baby and it was not an easy time for me. Loced my son to bits but I just wanted to fast forward to an easier stage lol.

Bmat
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM

There was just something wonderful and joyful. The idea of the families of both my husband and myself being continued.

Turkeysmom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:45 AM

EVERYTHING!!  Can't wait to experience it all over again with this new baby on the way.  Although it's my second it will be like starting all over again because there is 7 years difference between them.  I really miss that newborn stage and can't wait to go through it all again!

natesmom1228
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Being involved in all of his firsts. I love watching him learn to walk.

LuvingRN
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Absolutely everything!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theirmom1012
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I loved watching my daughter grow and become animated and start becoming mobile. All of their firsts are so exciting and new, doesn't matter how many kids you have it's the same for them all :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)