Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

*spanking ur kids*

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
  • 30 Replies
What are youur opinions on spanking your children?.. Like with me growing up my parents spanked my sisters,brothers and I whenever we were bad!! So I guess when I first had children my views were the same if they disobey me they would get a spanking, but now my views have changed!! What are you ladies doing?...Spanking or Not?..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meltopia529
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM
3 moms liked this
Not spanking! We teach our children not to hit others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hunterskysmom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Spanking is our last straw
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaLoca
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM
3 moms liked this

i grew up with spankings and alot of the older generation say "spanking is parenting" but what does a spank really solve? i learned how to scrunch my butt cheeks together to not make it hurt and just got it over with. I think spanking isn't the way to go. talking to your child, time-outs, and a child's personal consequences are much better than physical punishments. it just teaches them to hit other kids, or worse younger kids than them! and it's not cool to have another parent go up to you and say "your kid hit my kid" the circle of violence should never start with your own kids.

ADPIAKCMAMI
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Thats the same with me..I grew up with it!!!

Quoting BellaLoca:

i grew up with spankings and alot of the older generation say "spanking is parenting" but what does a spank really solve? i learned how to scrunch my butt cheeks together to not make it hurt and just got it over with. I think spanking isn't the way to go. talking to your child, time-outs, and a child's personal consequences are much better than physical punishments. it just teaches them to hit other kids, or worse younger kids than them! and it's not cool to have another parent go up to you and say "your kid hit my kid" the circle of violence should never start with your own kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I've swatted my daughter on the butt to get her attention, but I've never spanked her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeepElement
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM
3 moms liked this

I think if one were to spank thier children they would just be teaching them to hit others when they aren't getting what they want from from another person.. Wether it be a kid is teasing the child or just not listening and/or doing what the child who is and/or has been spanked wants...

For example...

My brother spanked his son in front of my son once... His son hit my son... Then my brother got in his sons face, spanked him, and told him not to hit people.... The look of confusion on the poor kids face... Needless to say the child learned nothing from it... Other than, like his dad, when he dosen't get his way, hit!

We as parents are here to teach or children how to deal with emotions in a constructive manner.  What if we all just went around hitting one another when we weren't getting our way or were mad & frustrated?

No good....

Now, that doesn't go without saying that there hasn't been time where I've wanted too spank my boys....

Lucky2BaMomof2
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM
5 moms liked this
I.spank my kids when they need to be spanked... I.was spanked by my grandma, when I needed it... My parents abused me... I know the difference, and I also know I NEEDED to be spanked at times, lol.. I never hit, I knew the difference.. My kids know the difference... My kids don't hit...

My kids are also very polite, respectful, compassionate, and kind...

My nieces and nephew don't get spanked (my siblings only ever saw the abuse side, so they don't spank) and their kids will do great in time out, but once out they hit, bite, kick, call names, don't listen.. My 7 year old niece called my 3 yr old a b!tc#..

My method works best for me.. Everyone knows what works best for their kids and their families..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
Believe me. If you want to do something, you will. Excuses are not reasons.
Today at 8:04 AM
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I was spanked. I turned out fine.

But I can't bring myself to spank my child.

slightlyperfect

terri76
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I have swatted my son on occassion when he needed it buy not spanked him. To each there own. What another parent does with their child is not my business :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM

We don't spank.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)