Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids
What are youur opinions on spanking your children?.. Like with me growing up my parents spanked my sisters,brothers and I whenever we were bad!! So I guess when I first had children my views were the same if they disobey me they would get a spanking, but now my views have changed!! What are you ladies doing?...Spanking or Not?..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
Wish2Be
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I am nutural currently.

I got my butt beat pretty bad when I was a kid and I turned out fine.....then I see some punk kids out there that need there butt beat.....and then I see my son debate if it came down to it if I would be able to or not.

He is almost 3 now, so I dont think I am going to have to worry about it for now.

luvhubandbabys
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I dont spank because I was. Its not how I want my children raised.

KimmyMommy2
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Well, when I was a kid my parents never really spanked me, so of course I never planned on using spanking with my own kids, not because I was against it but because I didn't have any experience with it. Well, fast forward 13 years later and I have used an occasional spanking with both my kids. It is not something that is used often, in fact for us it has pretty much been reserved as a last resort discipline. It is not close to the only discipline that we use as talking to them, sending them to their rooms, no electronics and groundings are also used. Also I never spank if I'm angry, only when I'm calm and only if other methods have failed. I know a lot of people don't agree with spanking at all, and that's fine and I accept that, I'll just say that for us it has been a useful discipline over the years.

copperswifey
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

We have done a swat on the booty if they  absouloutly won't listen, but we try everything else first.  I can't remember the last time we had to give them a spanking. :)

ZakkarysMom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I dont spank
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Quoting hunterskysmom:

Spanking is our last straw

Same here.  We use a variety of methods of parenting and we rarely have to spank but it isn't out of the question if we feel it is needed. 

alliesmom112
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Spanking is something we have done in the past and will do again I am sure but it is out last resort. Normally time out or talking to her will work though. 

meglennox
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

i am pulling away from spankings.  they don't work with our older two. 

Roo1234
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM
We've never spanked any of our children. I believe that it has the potential to be unnecessarily destructive to the relationship I want with my children.
It isn't always easy, but eliminating the option forces me to be the parent that our children need and i want to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swati88
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Well  it is really needless to say the child learned nothing ,if you will make them learn they will surely:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN