Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids
What are youur opinions on spanking your children?.. Like with me growing up my parents spanked my sisters,brothers and I whenever we were bad!! So I guess when I first had children my views were the same if they disobey me they would get a spanking, but now my views have changed!! What are you ladies doing?...Spanking or Not?..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
kimberly161
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM

It's a last resort but I do it. My husband is more able to do it than me. It hurts my heart and I am torn by the example I think it gives. I pick and choose as wisely as I possibly can.

CafeMom Tickers
mamadee1971
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I was spanked as a child and I'm okay.  I try letting the "punishment fit the crime".  Only spank if the kids do something deliberately  after repeated warnings.  But other punishments could be privileges taken away, no snacks, go to bed early, long lectures by me (lol Oh, the torture!), no fun time, time outs and such.

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I will not hesitate to spank my son if it is needed.

Delirium003
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
It is VERY rare that the boys get a tap on the butt. They get time outs and privileges taken away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnightcow49
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:57 AM

i believe in spankings, due to they never really hurt me or my soul, but i will try to reason and talk with my son , before i go to spanking him, if he doesn't listen to me, then if the situation he has gotten himself into, i remember from the bible, that if you spare the rod, you spoil the child, well my son does not need to be spoiled, he needs to be reprimanded, wether it is time out, go to his room, or his little bottom spanked in the proper way.......jeremiah's mom.......brenda......

LuvingRN
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I too was spanked as a child and seemed to work just fine.  Now with my kids, I will give the kids a time out first but if they keep up with the same behavior, I will give a swat to the behind.

kellynh
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Yes, I believe in spanking... Provided it is done to correct a severe behavior... Not for everything... And not done in anger because a parent lost control.
LOswald0314
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I don't.  I did a couple times with my oldest and it just wasn't for us.  We have a no hit policy in our home, and no one is excluded from that.

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

We have in the past, but not in a long time.  It doesn't really work.

BlessedBeX3
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM

like many other moms have said, i believe that if you hit a child bc they did something wrong, then that leads them to believe that they can do the same to someone else. Also, so many children are different and you dont know how they will take the meaning of being "spanked" Another thing to consider is, it may not be your child that takes spanking as "now i can hit others if they are bad" but another child that may witness it may take it that way. Anyway thats my opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)