Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

What would you have done differently as a new mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

Recently we talked about becoming a mom and all the great things we experienced. Now tell us, what would you have done differently?

juggling

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (21-27):
Rushn311
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

asked for more help. had my 2nd son sooner.

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM
I totally agree. My big kids were 7, (nearly 8) and 6 1/2 and 5 1/2 when my 7 month old was born. I've learned a lot from them and nothing has stressed me out. I easily pushed through the rough stage of nursing and all. I'm enjoying every stage

Quoting Leelee1008:

I think with each new child you have you are a new mom over again. with my 1st he was my learning experience, my 2nd came two years later and I did things slightly different with him. MY DD who is 20 months old I did things ALOT different with her, my boys were 9 & 7 when she was born so it was like a total do over. I had more patients, I didnt rush her to do things like I did with the 1st two, I enjoyed her as a baby more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimberly161
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I would have started much younger and had a ton more : )

Meltopia529
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:07 PM
This

Quoting BabyTeki:

Asked for more help rather then feeling like I had to do it all on my own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vsop690
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Started with getting my baby to self soothe earlier vs. always nursing to fall asleep. And also maybe started practicing with the bottle earlier since my LO would NEVER take one. Now his is BLW and jumped to the sippy cup, so at least he does ALWAYS need to get it from me.

steffbar
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I would have been more firm on my work giving me the time I needed to pump my breast milk. I breast fed him for the first two months but after I got back to work they only gave me a 15 minute break for pumping and of course I had my lunch break. Those 2 breaks were hours apart however. I felt I could have been more pushy about it but I didnt want to make trouble after just coming back from maternity leave. I quickly stopped producing enough milk for my son and had to start him on formula. 

nancysyt
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I could have worried about the little things less... but for the most part, I really loved it!

Nancy
www.teachthemhowtofish.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)