Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Chasing Your Dreams Without Fear

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 33 Replies

Fall is my favorite season. The chilly air, vibrant colors and falling leaves herald cooler days, more activity outside the house - now that I'm not afraid I'll swelter to death in 100+ degree temperatures - and the welcome return of jeans into my life. I live for pumpkin pie, bonfires and football games. It's the return to school schedules, the opportunity to wear sweaters and the excitement of the upcoming holiday season.

I do love the Fall.

i also love the fact that, now that my kids have returned to school, it's time for me to spend a little time on myself. Now that I'm not devoted to 100% amusement of the little people, I can concentrate on making changes in my own life. Sort of a Pre New Year's Resolutions, if you will. In fact, I often think of Fall as a time for resolutions, as opposed to New Years. Something about new pencils and notebooks and freshly loaded book bags makes me want to organize and clean out other parts of my life.

As the year begins to wind down, what are some things you or your family would like to leave behind or change for the future?

• I'd like to know where the match is to every single spare sock in my house
  • And I'd like to never ever have another lost sock
  • I'd like to leave behind the thought that there's a maid here to pick up after my kids
  • And I'd like to leave behind the thought that her name is Mom
  • I'd like to leave behind the "let's drop stuff all around" philosophy that my kids embrace effortlessly
  • I'd love to leave behind the inability of my teenagers to wake up early for school
  • As well as the desire to leave homework and projects for the last minute
  • And I'd really love to leave behind arguments, fighting, disgruntled attitudes and smart mouths

I plan to take a bit of time each of the next couple of months, before the end of the year, to take the steps to make each of those, somewhat humorous yet based in truth, concepts come to fruition.

What are your hopes for the future – for yourself, your children and your family?

©iStockphoto.com/MariaPavlova

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Threes.Company
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I need more time to reflect before I can answer this! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM
For my kids, to be self supportive and active members of their communities. For me... More thought needed.
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I want them to be happy in wherever they go. To be able to stand on their own feet.

natesmom1228
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I just want my son to be happy and healthy.

Madelaine
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM

This one!

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I want them to be happy in wherever they go. To be able to stand on their own feet.

4kidz916
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I hope to change my schedule so that I have more family time.  I have a small business, a part time job, and I do home parties so that doesn't leave me much time with the kids. 

Wish2Be
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Well I am taking a big leap this month. I put in my 2 weeks notice to be a SAHM to my 3 year old son.

I hope that we can do this financially and that my son will excel in all that he does.

aneela
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM

my hopes are that my loved ones find happiness, joy and success in whatever they pursue...same for myself :)

sukainah
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I'd like to leave behind the few piles I have in the home and keep it uncluttered.  And spending more time with each child alone.

4kidz916
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM

That's awesome.  I hope it works out well for you.

Quoting Wish2Be:

Well I am taking a big leap this month. I put in my 2 weeks notice to be a SAHM to my 3 year old son.

I hope that we can do this financially and that my son will excel in all that he does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN