Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Positive effective parenting

Posted by   + Show Post
Im 33 year old mom I have a 9 year old son. I need help! My son never wants to listen and it is becoming very frustrating. What can I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Replies (11-17):
timon95
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

my kids are 7 and 8(soon to be 9), and they are starting with the not listening at times. So, I ground them from their favorite things. They decided last week that they didn't want to listen anddo their school work quietly, so they are ground for 2 weeks form legos and the wii. it somewhat works, they still try to talk during school time if i am not in the room, i just tell them i am going to add onto their punishment. it does cause them to play with toys that have not beenplayed with in a while. If they argue they are seperated, they tend to fix their differences quickly so they will not get seperated or grounded.

elasmimi
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I wish I could help, but that's a tough age. But if you don't find a way to communicate now, the teen years are gonna be rough.

jes_eli_0710
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Bump. My 5yo DD doesnt listen either and its rubbing off on my DS 2. I've even considered reading books about child discipline. I found one online thats about disciplining from the ages of 2 to 12. I think I will go to my local library to see if they have it there and check it out.

Queen Jessica ...
Proud Mommy to Princess Jes'Marie 1.29.07  &  Prince Elijah 9.17.10

... Momma's Lil Angel 11.27.09 (msc. 6wks) ....

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I hope things get better 

SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Does he have routine and/or schedule?

Keep him busy with things he enjoys.  

Pick a consequence for his bad behavior and stick with it.

Good luck

Meltopia529
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:41 PM
I agree.

Quoting 4kidz916:

It's probably just a stage.  Set limits and let him know he can't walk all over you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swati88
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Well i think he wants to gather your attention!! Try to figure out more my friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)