Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

my son is out of control

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 14 Replies

i have a 3.5 year old son an he is basically out of control he will go on tantrum mode for no good reason and  i usually will fall for it when he will cry and tell me hes mouth or feet hurt or something but i purposely plan that the next time he does anything like that i will teach him a lesson. because i pick him up from preschool and he was crying because he wants to take a toy home and i said no the next thing i know he was rolling on the floor screaming and ripping pictures of the wall and yeas i was embarrassed and i said to my self that was enough. and he has also start using curse words since stating preschool this September don't know why and how come? so about 1 hour ago he goes into his tantrum mode again just because he wants chips and i said no we will have dinner soon, and boy he hit the floor rolling, screaming, yelling like someone is killing him. i walked away logged on the computer started to do my homework had my older daughter sit and also work on her homework and act like he is not even in the room, and he cries even louder, he scream for help his head hurt, his mouth hurt like usual and all the other things so i can come and pick him up and say it's OK like i usually and hug and kiss him but heeeeellll to the noooooo he did it for exactly 25 minutes until he realize it's not working and he gave up, he walked in the room get a blanket got up the couch laid down and watch TV. boy i feel good lol. i did not give in and now i am all in for it.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gacgbaker
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM

The state they throw fits is a rough one.  :(

Have you talked to the preschool teacher about the cursing, maybe there is another child sharing the words at school?  

Hang in there!

January1964
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Good for you, for hanging in there! I may try this technique, myself. I hope this will stop your son from throwing fits, if there's no audience.

elasmimi
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Talk to the teacher, see what they do at school.

Wish2Be
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Stick to your guns momma

SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Kids are tough!  

Stay strong!

dusky_rose
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM

good

Quoting Wish2Be:

Stick to your guns momma

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

terri76
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM
You did what i did. Acted like he was not there until he was done :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Have you talked to the school yet? Gotten any other advice? Tried any new tricks?

Leelee1008
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM

one of the best ways. tantrums are usually a phase.

Quoting terri76:

You did what i did. Acted like he was not there until he was done :)

countrygirlkat
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Good job ignoring him and not giving in this time.  It is going to take awhile before he realizes that you are done giving in and it will probably be a long and discouraging couple of weeks for you as he does everything he can to get you to give in but if you stick with it then eventually he will learn that this is the new way and he will give up on throwing the fits.  Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)