Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

My Son is 5, and in Pre K.  I volunteer in his classroom, so I can see how he acts and such.  He never really seems to care that much I am there, he just does his thing and moves on...until recently...

Ever since his first day of school he has not wanted to pay attention to his teacher.  He knows how to write letters, number, and knows some colors, but for some reason he does not want to show her he can do it.  When he is asked to do work in class he will mess around and not do it unless someone sits with him.  

This last Tuesday when I went in, he was very clingy to me, which is odd, then he got into very big trouble Wednesday for saying bad words which I have never heard him say. Then Today he refused to even try to do his work and did not listen at all..

I know his teacher and she is great! How can I get my son to turn around??? He is not like this at home.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Replies (11-15):
Bob192
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Glad you were able to figure it out!!

lotuszen
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I hope I have lol I just noticed how he was acting around his sister yesterday and how he was coping everything she did..and I was told before by a yoga teacher that he really needs to do some yoga to calm down..too bad I did not wake up to it sooner...wish me luck ;)

shine5219
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Hi,

I am a Parent Coach...Would love to speak with you (no cost, initiallly). It's really about connecting with your 5 year old, so that he is energetically supported. Once he is aligned with you energetically, and you with him, he will be relaxed in school and open up to the teacher. Tuning into your unconditional Love, (which is always there in a mom), and allowing it to flow, is critical. You could also do some meditation to center yourself and connect with your innermost feelings as to what the child needs.

You can email me at evolutionarycoaching@gmail.com.

Best, Shine

copperswifey
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I help teach a 3k class and I honestly think it's normal. I'm not sure if this is his first year in school, but it can be overwhelming for a child and a lot to take in.  We have children that never cried being dropped off that now all of a sudden cry and cling to their parents not wanting them to leave. Then the ones that used to cry are fine and have no problem with their parent leaving. They change so much.  Maybe he was just having a bad day. We have kids that some days don't want to do art projects and then other days they do. I would just be patient with him and keep trying to work with him. I'm sure he will come around. Good luck! :)

swati88
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM

i think most of the problems could be solved by conversation:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN