Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you encourage your kids to chase their dreams? Do you know what their dreams for the future are?

girl giving flower

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
Wish2Be
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Well since mine is only 2 ( 3 on Tuesday ) his dream is to be a Dinosaur right now. :P

I do encourage his imagination though.

Wish2Be
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Quoting .Angelica.:

my kids are still young so he doesn't have many realistic dreams for the future. lol

What are their unrealistic dreams?

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

LOL thats cute !

Quoting KaylaMillar:

Mine either! My ds is 4 and his dream right now is to be a cashier. lol

Quoting .Angelica.:

my kids are still young so he doesn't have many realistic dreams for the future. lol

CafeMom Tickers
sanguinetti
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Three are on their way with what they want to be. 1. Gyn (want to be that from age 3)( 2). Computer Programmer (3). Video Game Developer. My 10 year old wants to be a missonary. Boy, was I surprised when he told me that, because we have never discussed missonaries or their work. My 7 yo dd wants to be a doctor. I am seeing determination in her. Yesterday, she told me she wants to start doing chemistry. I need help with this one. I don't want to push her farther than she already is, and yet I don't want to hinder her, or see her burn out,  she's on pre-algebra right now. She has a very inquisitive mind. With my dd so fixed with pre-algebra, my 4 yo keep saying he wants to be pre-algebra. LOL

terri76
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:47 AM
My son is 16 and for four years now he has wanted to be a firefighter :) i have told him to study hard and keep his grades up..and he does. He is also in the first responders program at school which is the first step to acheiving his dream!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1scrdmom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM
My daughter is only 2 so only my dreams for her are expressed right now. But she loves music so maybe music is in her future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenitymom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

My seven year old has expressed here lately that she wants to be a headstart teacher. Everytime I drop off my younger two at the headstart program she sits and chats with the teacher for a little while. My four year old hasn't expressed her set interest yet, and I have a feeling my two year old son will be a hands on kinda guy, I know he's ganna want to build something :)

alliesmom112
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

She is only four and her dream right now is to be a Disney Princess and a ballerina. We have enrolled her in dance class and ecourage her in all the things she is interested in. 

Rushn311
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM

My daughter I feel is kinda like me. She's young, but I was too and thought I'd always figure out what I wanted to do career wise and I am 30 and still don't know. I know I want to be behind the desk at a clinic/hospital taking people's appt's, doing medical billing/coding, insurance stuff etc which I am getting schooled for right now.

My daughter has no clue what she wants to do either. She says she wants to be a stay at home mom just like me. LOL My son is too young to let me know what he wants to do.

outer.banks
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I always tell DS he can do anything he wants to do. He came home the ohter day and wants to be an architect now. I imagine he'll change his mind many times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)