Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Fall is an interesting season, and it's also my favorite. The chilly air, vibrant colors and falling leaves mean the close of the summer and the upcoming holidays. Fall ushers in back to school, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. It's a return to blue jeans and sweaters, turtlenecks and boots. In short, it's the best part of the year - at least in my mind.

Fall also means that the winter, and the beginning of the new year, are right around the corner. It's not too early to take the time to "leaf" behind the things that weigh us down and begin to focus on the things we wish to change. A "Mini New Years Resolution", if you will. In fact, I often will make a "Fall" resolution as opposed to a New Years resolution - in my mind, back to school begins a new school year and in my mind, it's a great time for me to take stock of where we are as a family and where I'd really like us to be this time, next year.

I hope that, next year, we aren't struggling with bullying issues. I hope that my child who sturggles iwth self esteem finds a better place. I hope that my grade school students master the times tables, and the work issues that press my husband will smooth out.

I hope that the tension my daughters feel can dissipate, and they will return to the close friendship that they had when they were younger. I want to devote more time together as a family, doing the activites that we find enjoyable - and no, laundry doesn't fit in there!

I want, of ocurse, the same things I desire every year - to be more organized, more patient, more loving and kind. To spend less time doing the things that, ultimately, don't matter at all and focus on the things that do.

As the year begins to wind down, what are some things you or your family would like to leave behind? What would you like to change in your family life?

ŠiStockphoto.com/skynesher

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
natesmom1228
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I am not really sure. I have had a good year so there isn't much that I would leave behind.

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM

the rough year financially we had, as well as the many many many car issues we had as well. My middle sons bad behavior would be nice to leave int his year as well.

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I am not sure.  I am not thinking of anything negative right now that I'd want to leave behind.  Usually I like to think of positive goals for moving forward rather than goals for changing (or dropping) negatives.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I want to leave this whole year behind. It has not been a good year for my family. I hope 2013 is a much better year!
goddess99
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I'm happy with my family life so I can't think of anything to change.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Stress.  Lots of stress.

.Angelica.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

i can't think of anything.

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I hope that DH either finds peace in the job he has or that we can find a new one that will be better for him.  I hope that I can stop stressing so much and learn to go with the flow a little bit more.  I hope that our kids health will improve. 

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM

leave behind all the illness this year 

aneela
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM

it's been a rough middle of the year and still is ...so we are hoping for brighter things in the future

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)