Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

I love one more than the other.

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 9 Replies
I don't really know if its natural to love one of child more than other, to d point that d children will feel d impact.

This I known, has cause a lot of problem among children in d family and even d parents, I ve two daughters 3yrs/18months and I already ve d tendency of loving d younger compare 2 d elder one.

What can u say about dis?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Meltopia529
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I only have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jadegirl1819
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I think it is awful and can't imagine loving one more that the other.  If that is the case for you then you need to step up and make sure you treat them equally.  Your older child doesn't need to know you love her less. 

muppy984
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Are u d only one to ur parent? If nt, u should ve a kind of experience frm there.

Quoting Meltopia529:

I only have one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it isn't that you love one more than the other, but that the younger one requires more of your attention and time? 

I have 2 kids, a boy and a girl.  They are 2 years apart.  I love them both so much, more than I can speak the words for.  But I love them differently.  They are so different from each other and they both have different qualities about them that I  love that is different from the other one.  My daughter is independent and sweet.  My son is a beast, but he's so snuggly.  I can't even name all the things about them that I love....differently.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Do you really love her less or does it just seem like cuz shes at a trying stage in life and her sister isnt that you feel you love the younger more?
And if you really do you need to spend more time bonding with your older dd. She will know you love her sister more sooner then you think and I feel sorry for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muppy984
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Loving differently s d word there.

Quoting slw123:

Maybe it isn't that you love one more than the other, but that the younger one requires more of your attention and time? 

I have 2 kids, a boy and a girl.  They are 2 years apart.  I love them both so much, more than I can speak the words for.  But I love them differently.  They are so different from each other and they both have different qualities about them that I  love that is different from the other one.  My daughter is independent and sweet.  My son is a beast, but he's so snuggly.  I can't even name all the things about them that I love....differently.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suebee3
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I can't say that I love one more than the other but sometimes I'm happier with one more than the others.  If one tends to help me more while the other was doing everything to drive me crazy or something like that.  My DH says I favor my son (he is the baby of 3).  I don't think I favor him but sometimes I feel he needs more from me then the other 2.  I make time for all of them and make sure they get equal amounts of hugs and kisses.  Maybe you need to make a little more time for the older one, some special time to realize that she needs you too

MamaMandee
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I love them all the same ... but there are times when I like one more than the others. Like my 14yr old can make it hard sometimes to like her but I always love her just as much as the others. 

swati88
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:48 AM
May be you feel they need you more than younger one.Do not worry sometimes it happens we get attached to some one more close,may be they are much sensitive so that you are extra caring towards them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)