Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

help

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 10 Replies
I need some help with my 9yr old boy. He is hiper sensitive to the way others treat him. He gets teased about crying, boys call him cry baby, he hates himself to the point he wishes he waz never born. Yes he has been in every therapy program my insurance will allow. He is on medicine for bipolar and adhd. He feels bad about his medicine,saying it doesn't help.....the doctors now want to put him in a in patient hospital becuz when he gets home I get hell. He hates all I do....I have been in Counseling all my life...pleez help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hunterskysmom
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I am sorry you are going thru this but the only thing i can offer you is prayer right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

hugs  You can only do what you feel is best for your child and your family.

itsblissmas
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Do you feel that in-hospital care will help him or be with a try? If so I'd say go for it. I'm sorry about your situation. ((( hugs )))

timon95
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Will pray for your situation to work out better. Are you sure he was properly diagnosed? Maybe there is something else, and the meds for the other diagnsis is messing with him?....probably not asking that question the best way..sorry..what kind of side effects do these meds have? Sorry, not sure how to help...will pray for you guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I'm sorry your family is going thru this. My oldest son is hyper sensitive too. He just started therapy last Friday. I'll pray that we both find answers to help our kids!!
alliesmom112
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Have you talked to the teachers and counselers about the bullying? 

I will be praying for your family

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I'm sorry, wish I could help.

slw123
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM

The tough part is trying to decide what will really be the best for him.  I pray that you will find the answers you need.

KristinRox
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Maybe the hospital is the best place for him. Perhaps they could provide him with other therapies that you might not have access to at home. The doctors there might find something that went undiagnosed maybe? 

Im so sorry that youre going through this. (((big hugs))) Ill say a prayer that everything works out. 

riskybus92
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Thx for all ur prayers....since he fights me so much on taking his meds....I gave him a break this weekend. He tells me " I am good when I am not on my meds so they don't even help ". I really don't want to let him go....not really sure how much in-patient really will do. We r both bipolar n yet he has to do s/t all the time meanwhile I like to watch tv. Activities r limited for me due to back n nerve damage. He also played with kids this weekend more his age. And he had much more fun.
Lots of factors to plug in with my family but between ur prayers. N mine we shall make it through. Many thx
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN