Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

my daughter got bullied and fight

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 242 Replies
11 moms liked this

OK my daughter got bullied on the school bus and she beat the other kid who is a boy. the school principal called me and he was off course mad at both kids both was more concern at my daughter beating up the other kids because he has bruises more than the other kid bullied my daughter. see i know both are wrong and i did not encourage her to do it. but since she beat him up he did stop and he kept quiet and i know some  of you mothers might blame me for thinking like that but i am proud of her for standing up for herself. i talked to her about it and she cried and feel bad for hitting the kid but this bullying shit have to stop. he was calling he skinny, she need to eat some more pizza, she is ugly, she don't dress nice enough.the bus driver report him many times before to me and to the school before he never stop until she hits him and now it's been 4 days now  he has been quiet. so what do you guys think is the best way for me to talk to my daughter about it because i get so defensive and angry about it i don't want to project the wrong thought to my child. my husband is all over the place he emotion is unstable.

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samanthamommy
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Did the boy start getting physical with her, or did she get angry and got physical first? 

Samanthamommy
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Also, what steps had she/you taken to stop the bullying before (days, weeks, months, etc) it got physical?

gacgbaker
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM
5 moms liked this

Are you able to meet with the parents?  I think it's important to teach the kids how to handle conflict well, we will be faced with it all our lives.  It is very good that she stood up for herself, but there probably are better ways to do this rather then hitting others.  I'd probably try to meet with the parents and try to see if you can work things out between you both.  I know that's not easy, my kids have had issues on the bus too, and it's not fun :(

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM
3 moms liked this

i agree with this. 

Quoting gacgbaker:

Are you able to meet with the parents?  I think it's important to teach the kids how to handle conflict well, we will be faced with it all our lives.  It is very good that she stood up for herself, but there probably are better ways to do this rather then hitting others.  I'd probably try to meet with the parents and try to see if you can work things out between you both.  I know that's not easy, my kids have had issues on the bus too, and it's not fun :(

johnny4ever
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

So sorry!HUGS!

sweetlyblissful
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM
56 moms liked this

A lot of the time nothing is done to bullies.  Getting physical isn't always the answer, but in this case it obviously worked.  He won't be bothering her anymore and the principal can't ignore the bullying anymore.  I say good for her!  Even if it is wrong.  Bullying is an epidemic in school and work places!  And something must be done.  You handled it well too.

ceo-mom
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

the day before the physical fight happen he pull her boot off and trow it in front of the bus at the bus driver. the bus driver had to sped the bus to get her boot then that's when she lost it and get at him. i personnaly went to pick her up from school to talk to her teacher and the principal before and i called the school the next day the principal said they could not get in touch with his parent but they will work on it.

Quoting Samanthamommy:

Did the boy start getting physical with her, or did she get angry and got physical first? 

ceo-mom
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:59 PM

my mother had advised me to do that but i am way to angry now i want to wait for a  few days otherwise i might loose my cool.

Quoting gacgbaker:

ceo-mom
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Quoting johnny4ever:

So sorry!HUGS!

thanks a lot.

rypam74
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM
29 moms liked this
I say a little kid can only take it so long. Good for her. It should always be the last resort when all else fails.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)