Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

my daughter got bullied and fight

Posted by   + Show Post

OK my daughter got bullied on the school bus and she beat the other kid who is a boy. the school principal called me and he was off course mad at both kids both was more concern at my daughter beating up the other kids because he has bruises more than the other kid bullied my daughter. see i know both are wrong and i did not encourage her to do it. but since she beat him up he did stop and he kept quiet and i know some  of you mothers might blame me for thinking like that but i am proud of her for standing up for herself. i talked to her about it and she cried and feel bad for hitting the kid but this bullying shit have to stop. he was calling he skinny, she need to eat some more pizza, she is ugly, she don't dress nice enough.the bus driver report him many times before to me and to the school before he never stop until she hits him and now it's been 4 days now  he has been quiet. so what do you guys think is the best way for me to talk to my daughter about it because i get so defensive and angry about it i don't want to project the wrong thought to my child. my husband is all over the place he emotion is unstable.

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
MichelleK41
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I would just remind her of going to an adult teacher or administrator at school when she is bullied and how it is wrong to hit or tease another child period. If the school can not stop the bullying then you as a parent have to keep on their backs until they get it under control at their school.

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry all of this has happened to her. As far as fighting? I really have no clue about that.

My Mom always taught me to laugh at bullies. It worked like a charm for me.

KaylaMillar
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM

i'm so sorry that happened

Kainalu55
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:56 PM
6 moms liked this

I think it she just had enough, and although fighting isn't good, I'm glad she stood up for herself!

Kainalu55
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:56 PM

that's a good one

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Sorry all of this has happened to her. As far as fighting? I really have no clue about that.

Kainalu55
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM

i agree

Quoting rypam74:

I say a little kid can only take it so long. Good for her. It should always be the last resort when all else fails.

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

It was actually funny to see them sit looking confused. LOL

Quoting Kainalu55:

that's a good one

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

LOswald0314
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Me too.

Quoting alliesmom112:

i agree with this. 

Quoting gacgbaker:

Are you able to meet with the parents?  I think it's important to teach the kids how to handle conflict well, we will be faced with it all our lives.  It is very good that she stood up for herself, but there probably are better ways to do this rather then hitting others.  I'd probably try to meet with the parents and try to see if you can work things out between you both.  I know that's not easy, my kids have had issues on the bus too, and it's not fun :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Ds was bullied. It took me going to the board of ed to get it to stop.

Rushn311
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM
10 moms liked this

Granted she shouldn't of gotten physical, but I think your daughter finally couldn't take his bullying anymore. He bullied more than once and nothing was done, so she tried to put a  stop to it. Good for her for standing up for herself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN