Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

my daughter got bullied and fight

Posted by   + Show Post

OK my daughter got bullied on the school bus and she beat the other kid who is a boy. the school principal called me and he was off course mad at both kids both was more concern at my daughter beating up the other kids because he has bruises more than the other kid bullied my daughter. see i know both are wrong and i did not encourage her to do it. but since she beat him up he did stop and he kept quiet and i know some  of you mothers might blame me for thinking like that but i am proud of her for standing up for herself. i talked to her about it and she cried and feel bad for hitting the kid but this bullying shit have to stop. he was calling he skinny, she need to eat some more pizza, she is ugly, she don't dress nice enough.the bus driver report him many times before to me and to the school before he never stop until she hits him and now it's been 4 days now  he has been quiet. so what do you guys think is the best way for me to talk to my daughter about it because i get so defensive and angry about it i don't want to project the wrong thought to my child. my husband is all over the place he emotion is unstable.

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM
7 moms liked this

Do what my daddy taught me:

I used to have one of those cars they were like red and yellow  and you use your feet to move it, well randell, my neighbor would slap me everytime in the face when i went by (we were 3 or 4) so i cried to my dad and he said "Amy next time he slaps you, you get out of that car, kick him between the legs then when she bends down sayin 'OOOOW' you punch him in the cheek!" lol and i did exactely that and neve got slapped again.

But in school, the teachers need to step in. I feel if they dont do their job, after phone calls, confrences, so on, i would tell my kid to beat the piss out of that kid if they start again otherwise itll continue.

mhaney03
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

That kid needed his ass beat.

Anyway..

I would tell her like I tell my own kids.. when someone starts picking on you, DO NOT lay a hand on them but the minute they hit you, LAY THE SNOTFACE OUT.  My kids are green tips in taekwondo and are more than capable.  We also take free self defense classes once a month.

Shelbypb
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this
My dad use to tell me that if someone hit me and I dint hit back I wold get in trouble but if I hit him back I would get ice cream
CafeMom Tickers
captaincw322
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM
5 moms liked this
My kids are young, 4 and 2, so I havent had to deal with bullying yet, but how ridiculous is this all?? Your daughter was being bullied, and everyone was made aware of it, yet the school administrators did nothing?? Thats the problem with the schools now. Everyone is over worked and under paid and no one deals with instances like this. Good for your daughter sticking up for herself! I would be very proud of her if she were mine. Obviously fighting should not be tolerated,but how much can we really expect kids to take? They are under enough pressure to succeed, they shouldnt have to worry about being made fun of also. In this instance, I dont think I would do anything more than you have. Your daughter has shown remorse for what she has done, I dont think punishing her would be fair. I would however reinforce the fact that fighting is not ok, but you are proud of her for sticking up for herself. Another story of administrators and zero-tolerance for bullying failing.
Pooobaihr
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
6 moms liked this

*APPLAUDS*

Good for her.

I was bullied in school. Only time it ever stopped was when I had to stand up for myself.

Good for her. Be proud. It is a proud moment.

Cupkakes1
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
I think what she did for herself is great. My daughter also gets bullied at school and has sometimes come home with the idea that she wanted to beat up those other kids but we tell her that we dont know what their home life is like and this is probably their way of getting out their own pain. which of course is wrong and is never an excuse to bully another kid but in the end, your daughter did good. This may have stopped the bully from bullying someone else who may not of been able to stand up for themselves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

oh wow. I'm not sure what I would do about this. one the one hand, he should not be saying things like that to her. and I'm glad it's stopped, but on the other I don't think it's right for kids to think that fighting will solve their problems.

BraydinsMommy09
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
7 moms liked this
If more kids stood up to bullies like this maybe it'd stop. I'm not for violence, but I'm not for bullying either. I know children that don't stand up for themselves and they constantly get picked at and the school, the parents, nor the law does anything about it. The child has even put themselves in harms way because they get picked at. I believe if a bully just keeps going then the victim should stand up for them self, if that means hitting them, then I agree.. Don't bash me, this is just MY opinion.
Dinimon
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM
3 moms liked this
I know this will make a lot of moms unhappy but I think your daughter needed to stand up to him (maybe not physical), especially since it was reported and nothing had been done.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Karenjm
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM
6 moms liked this

If the school isn't going to do anything about the bullying, then unfortunately our kids will have to stand up for themselves.  I would be proud of my kid for standing up to a bully.  Even if it does mean smacking them around a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN