Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

What kinds of educational gifts are you getting your kiddos this year?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Replies (31-36):
iHay
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM
I cant for the life of me remember what its called but its a ball and a puzzle maze. There is a marble inside the ball that you have to roll through the maze... I dont know what its called. Ds is 5 so i think it will be very good for him. Other than that i dont know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Quoting heavensdaughter:

We get one book for eah of our children for each holiday.  No that some of the girls are a bit bigger (11-15) they have een getting gift certificates tthe bo store.  I would prefer they have something that they would enjoy reading.  Mos of th educational stuff we do is not something you would neccessarily be abl to buy or wrap up.  I am giving the little ones home made quit books this year if I can get them made in time.  Those would be educational.  One is going to be animals and the other is alphabet

I do books for Christmas, Easter, and Valentines Day :)

They dont even have anything to do with the holiday, but I love the tradition :)

CafeMom Tickers
heavensdaughter
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I do, too! My xhusband's mother actually started the tradition.  She's such a fantastic lady...   and when I saw how, no matter what, the books were a big hit, and who doesn't want t instill a love of reading in their children...   I just strted doing it, too :)

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting heavensdaughter:

We get one book for eah of our children for each holiday.  No that some of the girls are a bit bigger (11-15) they have een getting gift certificates tthe bo store.  I would prefer they have something that they would enjoy reading.  Mos of th educational stuff we do is not something you would neccessarily be abl to buy or wrap up.  I am giving the little ones home made quit books this year if I can get them made in time.  Those would be educational.  One is going to be animals and the other is alphabet

I do books for Christmas, Easter, and Valentines Day :)

They dont even have anything to do with the holiday, but I love the tradition :)

Join us in this new and exciting Goal Setting Group

BabyTeki
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I'm going to do some homemade busy bags and crafts. Books and puzzles. I was thinking of a leapster for DS but he's already pretty much taken over our tablet and dies awesome with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM

books...science kit

Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM

My son will be getting a Leappad 2.  Not sure about my girls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)