Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

The gift of giving

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 12 Replies

Do you teach your children the gift of giving?  How?

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I honestly can't say that something has come up yet that was a real lesson on it. But this year I'm thinking of having him pick a few of his toys to donate.

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I have talked to her a lot about giving, and donating.  However this year we are going to do something new and that would be taking 1 gift that she gets and giving it to another family/child.

cara124
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM
We go as a family & pick a name off the angel tree then shopp for that family as a family , we also give to church help center all year long
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM

We donate food & items for our local food pantry and bring them down as a family. 

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Quoting .Angelica.:

I honestly can't say that something has come up yet that was a real lesson on it. But this year I'm thinking of having him pick a few of his toys to donate.

We always cleaned out the toys before Christmas and donated when they were younger.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:

We donate food & items for our local food pantry and bring them down as a family. 

That's great. Donating food to a pantry is one way to help year around.

.Angelica.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I've never known any place around here that takes used toys, there are lots of toy drives but they want them to be new in box and stuff. But I recently found out about a place that does used.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting .Angelica.:

We always cleaned out the toys before Christmas and donated when they were younger.

KristinRox
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Yes. I always tell them its better then to recieve. We give our old coats to coats for kids. We also go out and buy gifts to donate to other children. 

BabyTeki
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I like your idea

Quoting .Angelica.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by Terriny on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM
We pick several angels off the tree as well

Quoting cara124:

We go as a family & pick a name off the angel tree then shopp for that family as a family , we also give to church help center all year long
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)