Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who do family meetings...

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

I want to implement family meetings in our house. I am just curious for those who do family meetings, how does it work in your house? Can you share what worked or didn't work for you? My kids are 9, 7, 4, and 3.

One man cannot envisage all of truth; that is why I say to you, "Be a skeptic. Always be a skeptic." - Ward Moore
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM

We don't do them here, they sound interesting though.

Hopefully you can get some tips from someone

gravercem
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

We do have family meetings with 2 main rules.  1) only the person holding the wood spoon can talk, respect must be shown. 2) there is no blame, or punishment for anything that is said during the meeting.

Now that we have been doing family meetings for a few years we find we dont need the spoon anymore.  We also find that the kids listen to and follow any rule change or new rule as they had a say in it. 

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

We don't do them.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:49 AM

We don't do meetings but dinner at the table is a great way to talk and know what is going on.

ninagoesnuts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I so wish we were able to do this, but regular dinners together aren't workable in our house, hence my need for the family meetings. :)

Quoting mrswillie:

We don't do meetings but dinner at the table is a great way to talk and know what is going on.

supermeof3
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM

We have done them, but not on a regular basis....just kind of "as needed"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)