Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Imperfect Moments = Teachable Moments

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

Can you recall a time where you turned an imperfect moment into a teachable moment for your kids?

slapping forehead    girl giving flower

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Replies (21-29):
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I would have to agree that all situations are teachable.  Some moments you learn something simple and other times you learn something that is new or outside the box. 

Quoting angie2568:

Just about all situations can be a teachable moment.

But yes when I get really angry and make a sinful remark (really that girl wore that, I cant believe that a*& hole just said that) I would say mama shouldnt have said that, I immediately asked God for forgiveness and explained to my kids that we must try not to be negative in anyway to anyone for any reason. Just be honest at all times even if it sounds mean say it in a nice voice!

I agree

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Hmm...I'm sure there are plenty, but I'm drawing a blank right now...
cara124
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I would have to say the most teachable moments I have with DS 11 are when someone is being rude and we do what I call kill them with kindness ... We never react negatively back to someone who is being rude. One nice person might just change that persons day .

hunterskysmom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting Rushn311:

I really agree, that each imperfect moment can be  a teachable moment. Make  the good out of a bad situation.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetlyblissful
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Well I'm an imperfect mom, so most moments are teachable moments. We live and learn, that's what we do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM

You can get a positive thing from many a negative experience... Making it teachable. ;)

timon95
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Quoting Rushn311:

I really agree, that each imperfect moment can be  a teachable moment. Make  the good out of a bad situation.

family car

.Angelica.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM

i can't think of a certain time right now but they happen often.

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I'm sure there have been thousands in my life as a Mom, but for the life of me I cant think of one right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)