Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Imperfect Moments = Teachable Moments

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

Can you recall a time where you turned an imperfect moment into a teachable moment for your kids?

slapping forehead    girl giving flower

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Whenever my girls are angry at each other I use that as a teachable moment and talk with them about it.

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Any time I raise my voice, which I try not to do at all, I always apologize and explain why I shouldn't have done it.

Same with other mistakes, I'm just drawing a blank on specific examples right now, though there are many!!

Bmat
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM

When I was mad and told my son that his toy was mine, and I put it in the trash. Later on he asked me for the toy back, and by then the trash was gone.  I simply forgot, but he learned to put his toys where they belonged.

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I know there are plenty, but nothing that I can think of right this minute lol.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Hmmm....I will get back to you.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Hmmmmm.... when I make a mistake, I try to apologize to my child and if I get angry, I make sure to tell him that I still love him even if I get mad or grumpy sometimes.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

BabyTeki
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Same here. I can't think of anythig off the top of ky head right now. Also doesn't help both miss are up right now so its a little hectic

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Hmmm this would need some thought. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:19 PM

There are so many teachable moments it seems.  I guess the first one that comes to my mind about an imperfect moment becoming teachable though is the few times DH and I have started to argue in front of the kids(we always try to avoid doing that but every once in awhile it happens) we quickly realize that isn't okay and then we use the opportunity to show the kids that even though we don't always agree we always work it out and love each other. 

MichelleK41
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Yes when I got a rude cashier at Walmart. I handled her with courtesy even though she was ornery as heck.

chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:51 AM
I used to teach a children's bible study and I was often able to use disagreements as opportunity to teach about true love and forgiveness.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)