Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Activities

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

What extra ciricular activities do your children participate in? What values are they gaining from them?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Cheer - values would be meeting new people, learning skills, scholarships to college, how to be a team player, not to be a poor sport.

Just to name a few.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Girl Scouts - how to be a leader, make friends, be creative, respect, honest, and etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Chior - this is more of just a fun thing and something she enjoys. Would love her to be on X-Factor, American Idol or something like that, but don't see singing as a passion like cheer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Chior - this is more of just a fun thing and something she enjoys. Would love her to be on X-Factor, American Idol or something like that, but don't see singing as a passion like cheer.

I think chior still teaches team work.

supermeof3
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM

We do not have our gang signed up for anything yet. I'd love to have them enrolled in dance and maybe a sport for our middle DD.   I have to find something that doesn't cost too much.  I think I'm going to start looking soon.   Our girls are 9,7,6 and our little guy is still to young for that kind of thing, he's 2 :)

jen2150
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I am taking karate with my two sons.  We are learning self discipline, confidence, and respect. We are learning how our attitude and inner thoughts affect how well we do when we try something new.  They are also learning the value of hard work.  We also homeschool so we have weekly co-ops but I don't usually count those as extra curricular activities.  

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Quoting jen2150:

I am taking karate with my two sons.  We are learning self discipline, confidence, and respect. We are learning how our attitude and inner thoughts affect how well we do when we try something new.  They are also learning the value of hard work.  We also homeschool so we have weekly co-ops but I don't usually count those as extra curricular activities.  

It's great you are doing it together,

SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM

none :-/

Kainalu55
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

My daughter is in Hula, she goes twice a week.  She just started Tap and Ballet, but the class isn't consistent.  It's supposed to be every Tuesday, but there have been many days she's cancelled class.

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

They do religious ed through our church.  They also have done swimming lessons, t-ball, soccer and flag football at the rec center. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)