Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

You kids style

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

My kids are older, the oldest 23, youngest 15. Needless to say they each have their own style. I had one who was into the Gothic look, another into baggy, another into country and yet another more into jock. With so many, there were sure to be things I didn't like. My ds wanted his ear pierced and another wanted to dye his hair. Dsd loved the animal prints. Ugh.

With each, we allowed them to be their own person as long as it was presentable...no buts, boxers or panties showing. No clevage or high spikes. Piercing remained in the ears, etc.

I believe self expression is a part of growing up.

What is your children's style? Who picks it? Do you like it?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM
She is liking dark colors with pops of color. Not into the leggings with the boots, but likes to be comfy. She likes skinny Jeans with t-shirts.. Love flats for shoes or tall boots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermeof3
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM

My kids are still young 9,7,6 and 2.  My girls 9,7,6, actually do have their own style, but nothing outrageous yet.  I do agree w/ you though!

mrswillie
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Quoting AzariahsMother:

She is liking dark colors with pops of color. Not into the leggings with the boots, but likes to be comfy. She likes skinny Jeans with t-shirts.. Love flats for shoes or tall boots.

Dsd tried the skinny jeans but didn't reall care for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN