Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need kids recipes

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:54 PM
  • 12 Replies
My two toddlers are beginning to get picky with almost everything I cook these days. Does anyone have any good recipes for kids.
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Man, maybe you should ask them what they will or won't eat.  I have not been to toddler stage in 11 years, so I have no clue.

copperswifey
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I have a really picky daughter so I feel your pain. I don't have any recipes. She likes ham and salami. She won't eat bread. She does like spaghetti and some chicken dishes I make. I just play around a lot and try to get her to ty new things, even though it's not easy. Good luck! :)

MsPetterson
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Thanks for the support.
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Get them involved in the preperation. They are more likely to eat it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cara124
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:47 AM

i don't have any recipes but try making more finger friendly foods... most toddlers are just learning to use fork/spoon so being about to eat with fingers encourages more eatting ... ( at least this was my how i got my kids to eat things... although DS 11 is still kind of picky ) Hope this helps .

hunterskysmom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM
I am lucky my dd eats just about everything i put in front of her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

My suggestion is to continue to offer things even after they've said they don't like them. I can't remember the exact number, but it takes something like 12 tries to start liking something that you didn't like at first.

My DS will eat nearly anything, but DD is picky. I make sure to give her something I know she likes alongside the thing she's not crazy about and always have her take at least one bite of the thing she doesn't like.

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh! And sometimes my DD feels better about eating it if she closes her eyes! LOL

SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I have no advice, we've tried everything and nothing has worked for our little group.

We keep the veggie baby food pouches on hand though, most of the time that is the only way to get veggies into my youngest

MsPetterson
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Quoting RobynS:

Oh! And sometimes my DD feels better about eating it if she closes her eyes! LOL

Lol...thx for the advice I'll try it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)