Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Countdown to Christmas Day 4: Trim the Tree!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 77 Replies

Do you have a certain style for decorating your Christmas tree? Decorate your tree as a family and add all your ornaments and trimmings!

There are so many special ornaments you can add to your tree, from capturing this year's special events to starting an annual tradition. These keepsake ornaments would be a great addition to your family's tree!

christmas tree

When do you usually put up your Christmas tree? Is it a real or an artificial tree? Do you get your kids special ornaments each year?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:36 AM

We've had an artificial tree for the past 5 years.  Our decorations are a mixture of things collected over the years.  They are mostly ornament from Dh's childhood.

Next year I hope to have a more natural look to our tree and decorations.  Perhaps some pine cones, berries, birds and things :-)

Meltopia529
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:15 AM
We usually put up the tree right after thanksgiving. Its an artifical tree. My MIL got it for us the first year we were married. Yes! We get our son a special ornament each year. This year he's getting an elmo onrament. Because he loves sesame street and elmo is his favorite character on there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM

We have an artificial tree.  It goes up in early December each year.  I normally buy my dd the Hallmark "daughter" ornament every year and usually another ornament that catches her eye.

suziejax
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

We make ornaments each year and love it

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

We put ours up before Thanksgiving and it is fake,Decorated in red and gold!

whoodathunk
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Can I wait till tomorrow? 

ScrChk23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM
We always have a real tree. My dad got a fake one the year my mom was in the hospital though.
givenshl
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Our tree goes up sometime in December and it is artificial. We don't purchase any special kid ornaments but we do purchase new ornaments every now and than.

ScrChk23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
We don't have a style for decorating. We just put up lights and ornaments.
missamanda86
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

My tree goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving, a fake one, even though I would LOVE to have a real one. But living in apartments really doesnt allow me that luxury lol! Plus its a lot of extra work. Every year my kids get to take turns hanging one certain Santa ornament like I did as a kid, and they usually get a new ornament every year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)