Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Countdown to Christmas Day 4: Trim the Tree!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a certain style for decorating your Christmas tree? Decorate your tree as a family and add all your ornaments and trimmings!

There are so many special ornaments you can add to your tree, from capturing this year's special events to starting an annual tradition. These keepsake ornaments would be a great addition to your family's tree!

christmas tree

When do you usually put up your Christmas tree? Is it a real or an artificial tree? Do you get your kids special ornaments each year?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
GwenMB
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

We usually put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Its a fake tree, I love real ones, but fake are just easier!  we don't do special ornaments every year.  I think I was going to do that, but stopped after getting them a first Christmas ornament.  I guess I could always start again!

batjmom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM

we put our tree up a couple days ago.  Its artificial with Purple and silver ornaments with white lights.  

gmadiane
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Right after Thanksgiving, I have had real and artificial, this year its artificial

hypnautica
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM
It is finally up and this yr it is real. We had special mickey and Minnie mouse ornaments this yr
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM

We decorate as a family.

narumi74
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Our tradition is to put the xmas tree up on the wkd of Thanksiving and never gotten the real tree. I think its too much of a hassel and the smell gets to me after a while We do put up the homemade ornaments and adding more every year as kids gets older and it gets creative. :)

iHay
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM

We usually put ours up the weekend after Thanksgiving or December 1st if it falls on a weekend. Its always real, I had an artificial tree for a few years but prefer real. I get my son a special ornament each year and have all of mine from the past 26 years. I haven't gotten myself one this year and don't know if I want to.... That's what our ornaments consist of but this year we've combined families so everything is changing.

Momoftwinkies
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I put the lights on and the kids decorate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I wish that I'd thought about the special ornaments when they were small.  After a friend got married, for their first Christmas my friend's parents gave them my friend's collection of special Christmas ornaments that they'd gotten since her birth.

Alliegracesmom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I am all about ornaments! I actually have my first baby ornament! I have ornaments that was givent to me as a kid! I just do mine in all different kinds of stuff people have given me in the last 33 yrs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN