Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Countdown to Christmas Day 4: Trim the Tree!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a certain style for decorating your Christmas tree? Decorate your tree as a family and add all your ornaments and trimmings!

There are so many special ornaments you can add to your tree, from capturing this year's special events to starting an annual tradition. These keepsake ornaments would be a great addition to your family's tree!

christmas tree

When do you usually put up your Christmas tree? Is it a real or an artificial tree? Do you get your kids special ornaments each year?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
MargauxG
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM
We try to wait till December to put our tree up, if not deffanitly after thanksgiving! This is our first year with a real tree since getting married and having kids! MIL but everyone special ornaments every year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bama_mama07
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I usually put it up the day after thanksgiving. its artificial. If i had the money I would but on a tight budget we can't

PEEK05
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Our tree is put up on the first.  My husband wants fake trees until the kids are like 5. We made ornaments this year with the kids but just a couple.

frankiesma530
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:41 PM

This year I did it right after Thanksgiving.  It is fake and pre-lit.  I will add candycanes.

elasmimi
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:41 PM

We put it up the day after Thanksgiving. I prefer a real tree, but we have had an artificial one for several years, we just got too old for all the lifting involved wih a real tree. We do buy a special ornament for our child each year, don't have it yet, because I hadn't seen any I was really crazy about, but some of these are nice.

huntersmama711
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM
We have a fake tree and this year I decorated by myself
MamaMandee
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Our tree goes up just after Thanksgiving. We have 1 large real tree & 1 large fake tree, 2 small fake trees & we decorate 1 in the yard. I do get the kids a new 1 each year, usually related to something special that happen that year. 

heidi_val
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM
we have a real tree with just lights. ornaments would not survive in this house with my three
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginger648
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM

We have an artificial tree that is loaded with a lot of decorations that I have collected for over 25 years. Many belong to the kids. So when they start a family I will be passing them along, and their family's can enjoy them as much as I have.

Madelaine
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Our artificial tree goes up at Thanksgiving. We all decorate it and put on a mix of ornaments.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)