Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Countdown to Christmas Day 4: Trim the Tree!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a certain style for decorating your Christmas tree? Decorate your tree as a family and add all your ornaments and trimmings!

There are so many special ornaments you can add to your tree, from capturing this year's special events to starting an annual tradition. These keepsake ornaments would be a great addition to your family's tree!

christmas tree

When do you usually put up your Christmas tree? Is it a real or an artificial tree? Do you get your kids special ornaments each year?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
Rushn311
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Weekend of Thanksgiving. We bought it the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but  didn't have it decorated till Monday I think. We've had real for two years now but I do have a fake one. I do buy the kids new ornaments ever year.

shishie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I usually have an artificial tree since I am allergic to real trees

deadlights86
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Goes up the day after thanksgiving the ornaments have been collected over the years or the boys made them in school. Our tree is fake.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mazuka
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM

the tree goes up during the first week of xmas.  I have an artificial tree.  I have 4 boxes of ornaments.  there is no way to keep DD out of helping!

KamsOne
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM

We don't have a certain time that we put it up, usually the first or second week in December but sometimes it is later.  We always have a real tree.  Sometimes we cut it down, sometimes we just buy a precut one.

Jillysmom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:11 PM

My husband puts puts the tree up and our daughter hangs most of the ornaments. There are a few special ones we each add our selfs. Every year we buy a new one to add to the tree

heartnhidin
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Our tree goes up the first week of December, it is real. Every year we go to the Christmas store near us, and each get a new ornament. We also make some too. No style, lots of color. And I love penguins so we have a lot for decoration.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
superwoman8977
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM

We decorate the tree in Indianapolis Colts colors :)  It used to be real but I got a good deal on an artificial tree.  I dont do special ornaments or things like that.  

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM
We have an artificial tree due to allergies to the real ones. We have lots of ornaments that we have collected over the years. Some are from my childhood, some are from ones my grandma gave me from her house since she no longer puts up a tree, some we bought right after we got married and some the kids have made at school and such.
ashleywagoner
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Usually the day/week Thanksgiving. We always would get a real tree...but we've been.traveling during Christmas break the.past 2 years so we got a fake one. We have special ornaments for ds...several he made and some keepsakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)