Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Countdown to Christmas Day 4: Trim the Tree!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a certain style for decorating your Christmas tree? Decorate your tree as a family and add all your ornaments and trimmings!

There are so many special ornaments you can add to your tree, from capturing this year's special events to starting an annual tradition. These keepsake ornaments would be a great addition to your family's tree!

christmas tree

When do you usually put up your Christmas tree? Is it a real or an artificial tree? Do you get your kids special ornaments each year?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (61-70):
Ellierobbymolly
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:26 PM

we put our tree up last weekend!  We went out and cut it down ourselves and it was decorated by sunday.  So always right after Thanksgiving.  

ZoomMommyGo
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM

When I was a little girl, my family always put the tree up after we got home from Thanksgiving family dinner. But in my house now, we do it whenever mommy isn't abt to drop dead of exhaustion! lol

ZakkarysMom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM
We have an artificial tree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supergirl_mommy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Ours is artificial and going up today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bergencounty
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM

We do indeed put up a Christmas tree every year, otherwise Santa might think we didn't want presents. Although I love real trees, this year we will use the artificial tree .. broke the ankle and wheeling around in the wheelchair is just too impractical.  Waiting for the kiddo to get home from his college Christmas break so he can do the heavy lifting. Yes we pick out special ornaments and they will eventually be used for their Christmas trees when they have their own places. 

Luv this Hallmark ornament , it will  be used as the package topper for a friend's daughter's  package.

marisab
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

we get a few new ornaments each year and alternate one year real tree next fake ect

flowerfunleah
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

We'll set up our tree in the next few days for sure! We have a new big open window to show it off in!

alsmail
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM

we put our tree up on dec 1 every year ,and its artificial dont like the pine cone scent in the house , we get the kids age and year ornaments every year.

kerryket
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Those keepsake ornaments are very nice.

Sometimes we put up a tree, sometimes we don't, once in while we get a real one.  We don't get special ornaments, but my mom has a tree full of them.

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 5:45 AM

We will be putting our tree up next week. Its a fake one but I really like it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)