Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Countdown to Christmas Day 6: Creating Memories!

Posted by   + Show Post

Create keepsakes and memories for years to come by making salt dough ornaments. It's a fun way to have your family make unique ornaments that you can put on your tree year after year.

The possibilities for salt dough ornaments are endless. You can use cookie cutters or trace your child's hand to make hand print ornaments. You can find the recipe for salt dough ornaments here, as well as, directions how to make family faces ornaments!

christmas tree

Have your kids ever made salt dough ornaments? Do you give handmade gifts to family and friends for the holidays?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
huntersmama711
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Not salt dough ornaments but other kind of ornaments
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
narumi74
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I believe both of my girls made salt dough ornaments in school. I do usually make homemade Christmas cards with family pictures and decorate them with stickers and pictures that my girls drew!!

GwenMB
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:13 PM

We haven't made salt dough ornaments - and don't think I will here at home since I don't want wheat flour in the house (I'm Celiac so need to be completely gluten free).

We do make other homemade gifts, though.

Bob192
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM

We have never made these, but I think the kids would love them!!

Jenn8604
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM
haven't made thes. think we will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MargauxG
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM

never done the salt dough...I'be heard horror stories about them tho lol I bought stuff to make other ornaments with the kids this year though...all but the white puff balls so I need to go out again!

ScrChk23
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I have made the salt dough ornaments before, but not with my kids.  They are just getting to the age to do it.  This year we are going to make Yarn Bowls.  I got the idea and info from a CM post.

ScrChk23
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I have an handmade ornament that I made for my parents in 1990.  I put it on my tree each year now.

deadlights86
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:47 PM

We tried making salt dough ornaments before they didn't come out very well.

aneela
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:59 PM

no we havent...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN