Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Countdown to Christmas Day 6: Creating Memories!

Posted by   + Show Post

Create keepsakes and memories for years to come by making salt dough ornaments. It's a fun way to have your family make unique ornaments that you can put on your tree year after year.

The possibilities for salt dough ornaments are endless. You can use cookie cutters or trace your child's hand to make hand print ornaments. You can find the recipe for salt dough ornaments here, as well as, directions how to make family faces ornaments!

christmas tree

Have your kids ever made salt dough ornaments? Do you give handmade gifts to family and friends for the holidays?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
countrygirlkat
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM

We have never made this kind but I did get a recipe for apple sauce ornaments that we are going to try this year!

Had3girls
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM
My girls make christmas ornaments for my mom and for me every year =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I remember my kids making them in school when they were little

PEEK05
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM

We haven't made salt dough ornaments, but we have made homemade ornaments using baking soda and corn starch.

This year I am making felt birds for my mom's tree for the holidays.

brieri
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I made a hand print one year. I don't recall my children doing this and I didn't have recipe for it back then.  It's such a cute idea and had my children been young all over again, this would be an idea to do every year just to see how much they've grown.

jpalmer
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM
We love doing things like this!!!! And i do homemade things all the time!!! I'm making homemade hot chocolate jars for grandparents this year...yuuuuummmmmm!!!!
elasmimi
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:37 PM

We have not made the ornaments at home, but I helped her kindergarten class make cinnamon dough ornaments this year. I do give some homemade gifts, there are a few friends who expect Russian tea every year. This year I'm also doing homemade caramel sauce.

flowerfunleah
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM

We LOVE salt dough and its so easy to mix together!

MommyofSCC
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM

No salt ornaments yet.  but we did make a handprint right after she was born

la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM
My kids love crafts and that includes making ornaments
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN